Thank you for your interest in submitting to the "Show Us Your Shot: Behind the Scenes Video Showcase." Please read the FAQs below. If you still have any questions, please email us at [email protected]
- Q: What is this about?
A: The idea of Show Us Your Shot is to provide filmmakers with the opportunity to share their films and explain how they made them, to our readers and other filmmakers, who might otherwise never know about each other.
- Q: How much does it cost to submit?
A: The is no charge to submit a project. Please refer to the guidelines when submitting your film.
- Q: Do I have to buy anything from B&H Photo to enter?
A: No, you do not.
- Q: Do I have a better chance of getting accepted if I am a B&H Photo Customer?
A: Where you bought or rented your gear has no bearing on the selection process.
- Q: Is it okay to mention the gear used to make the film?
A: Absolutely. Please discuss whatever equipment or techniques you used, and why you made those choices in making your film.
- Q: But you really want a plug for B&H Photo worked into this somewhere—c'mon, tell the truth.
A: Providing a plug for B&H Photo, any other retailer, or rental house by name will automatically disqualify your submission.
- Q: I shot a commercial, will you show that on your site?
A: Show Us Your Shot is about showcasing the creativity of filmmakers and not about commercials for products or services. If there is an interesting technique used, then please include that shot, and tell/show us how you did it.
- Q: What if I love a piece of equipment I'm using and I want to showcase its many uses?
A: Most of us are gear fanatics, so we know what it is like to be in love with our gear. However, this isn't meant to be a commercial for a specific piece of gear or someone's services. The gear doesn't make the film, you make the film.
- Q: Will you edit out anything you do not like?
A: We will make no edits to your video. If there is something that prevents us from showing your project, we will let you know what it is, and it is your choice to change it or not.
- Q: Does the film have to have been made within the last year?
A: There is no time limit on when the film/video was made.
- Q: Can I submit more than once?
A: Yes, as long as it is different content from your previous submissions.