The Denon Professional DN-501C CD and Media Player is a 1U rack mountable audio playback device designed for installed sound applications such as houses of worship, education, dance/fitness studios, radio, and more. The unit can play CDs using the slot-in optical drive, USB mass storage devices, and the direct digital input from an iPod or iPhone.
The front panel of the recorder features an OLED display for showing track information. A set of rubberized buttons control basic functions such as play, stop, pause, cue, forward, back, as well as menu control and file management functions. A shift button changes these buttons to secondary functions such as setting Hot points in a track and adjusting pitch. A rotary knob button is used to scroll through and select tracks. The front of the unit features a USB female type A port for plugging in USB media such as thumb drives and external USB hard drives. The USB port has also been configured to accept the direct digital output from an iPod or iPhone. A slot-in CD drive with a 3-phrase brush-less spindle motor provides playback of CDs. The unit also includes a 1/4" headphone out and headphone level control knob for listening with your favorite headphones.
For I/O, the back of the unit features left and right balanced analog 3-pin XLR male outputs, left and right unbalanced analog RCA outputs, a balanced digital 3-pin XLR AES/EBU output, and an unbalanced digital coaxial SPDIF output. For remote control, the unit features both an RS-232C and a 25-pin parallel port. The unit can also be controlled using the included Infrared remote. The built-in rack ears of the unit can be removed for tabletop operation.
- Cue Button
- Allows you to pre-listen/monitor tracks with headphones from the USB, iPod, or CD sources
- Offers user-specified programmable playback of tracks as well as settings such as random and repeat
- Remote Control
- Compatible with RS-232C serial, parallel port external controls, and the included infrared remote control
- Direct Control
- Features bright OLED display and large function buttons for changing playback settings
- Pitch Key App
- Available for free from APPStoreSM, this iPhone/iPod touch app allows you to adjust pitch, tempo, or both as well as control playback