The Photek Softlighter 60" Umbrella takes light from your strobe head or monolight, reflects it into its white panel and then softens it again with a diffuser on its way out.
Some older flash heads (Elinchrom, Profoto) have very narrow (7mm) umbrella receivers. This Softlighter model has a narrower-than-standard shaft to fit such a light.
This size is perfect for a 1-2 person full-length shot, or up to a 4x5' product setup.
Note: This size does not include the gold and silver discs.
- Unique construction consisting of ten panels instead of the usual eight gives more reflective surface, more perfect circle of light - more flattering catch lights in the subject's eyes.
- The removable black nylon cover stops all stray and ricochet light, enhancing total light control.
- With removal of its black cover and a reversal of direction, the Softlighter II becomes a "softbox" -- a shoot-through diffuser, providing light that can be used either as a main light source or as a flattering fill.
- Note: For mounting shoe mount flash units to the Softlighter II a shoe mount light stand/umbrella adapter is necessary. Shoe mount flash units must be set to Manual because the entire flash will be inside the umbrella (unless the flash unit is equipped with a remote sensor).
- Note: For strobe use only -- not for use with hot lights, or modeling lights over 250 watts.