The Neumann KU 100 Dummy Head system is a unique stereo microphone that resembles the human head. The design implements two condenser elements inside the ears of the head in order to replicate human hearing and achieve authentic, true-to-life stereo imagery and field perception. The KU 100 uses +48V phantom power or battery power with six 1.5V AA batteries.
A balanced 5-pin XLR output connector and two unbalanced BNC output connectors are provided at the base of the head. High pass filter and 10dB Pad switches are located inside. The KU 100 Dummy Head is a unique, efficient and seemingly self-evident approach to stereo audio capturing. The system achieves great results for feature film, sound design and concerts. The microphone has also found a place as a tool for measuring noise levels in hazardous, industrial work environments.
- Unique stereo microphone design resembling human head, with 2 condenser elements inside ears of dummy head to help achieve true-to-life stereo imagery and field perception
- Great results for feature film, sound design, concerts, and for measuring noise in hazardous work environments
- Balanced 5-pin XLR output connector and 2 unbalanced BNC output connectors at base of head
- High pass filter located inside
- -10dB Pad switch provides added headroom to minimizes signal-overload-based distortion and noise
- Uses +48V phantom power or battery power with six 1.5V AA batteries