The Heliopan 82mm Screw-in Rubber Lens Hood is designed to prevent unwanted stray light from entering a lens by extending and shading it's front end. This prevents lens flair and improves image contrast. In addition, since the end of a lens is extended when using a hood, you also get the benefit of extra protection from accidental impact to that lens's front element.
This lens hood is constructed with a rubber compound that is UV and temperature resistant. The Heliopan 82mm Screw-in Rubber Lens Hood's rubber material can be rolled back for storage or to convert the hood for use with wide-angle lenses. By rolling back the lens hood, its opening can be made to correspond with a wide-angle lens's angle of view so that vignetting is avoided.
A metal mounting ring connects the Heliopan 82mm Screw-in Rubber Lens Hood to a lens with 82mm filter threads. The mounting ring also features corresponding 82mm front filter threads which can be used to accommodate filters, lens caps, or other 82mm-threaded accessories.
- Fits lenses with 82mm filter threads
- Blocks light from the sides of a lens's front element
- Prevents lens flair and improves image contrast
- Rolls back for storage or to avoid vignetting with wide-angle lenses
- Accepts lens caps
- Provides protection from accidental impacts to a lens's front element
- UV and temperature resistant