The Crown Audio PZM-30D Pressure Zone Microphone is a flush mounted, large pressure zone boundary microphone designed for capturing dialog, performances, instruments and more. The PZM30D utilizes a condenser element mounted in the "pressure zone" of a sound reflecting plate. The reflected audio and direct audio signal arrive in-phase, resulting in detailed audio pick up while remaining unobtrusive.
The PZM-30D features a wide frequency response and a frequency contour switch provides a high frequency boost for added brilliance. This makes the PZM-30D ideal for both vocal and instrument reproduction. The PZM-30D is powered with an external 48 Volt phantom power source and features a hemispherical pick up pattern. The hemispherical pattern maximizes pick up at the upper-hemisphere of the microphone while eliminating noise and phase problems at the mounted surface.
- Pressure Zone Capsule
- The condenser element is mounted at the "pressure zone" of the reflecting plate. The reflected and direct signal arrive in-phase for detailed audio reproduction throughout.
- Hemispherical Pattern
- The hemispherical pick up pattern provides a generous pick up area at the upper hemisphere while suppressing noise and unwanted audio at the mounted surface.
- Flat and Rising Frequency Contour Switch
- The wide frequency response features switchable contouring, high frequencies can be enhanced range for better intelligibility of vocals or instruments.
- Low-Frequency Roll-Off
- Low frequency roll-off minimizes low frequency noise and audio.
- Screw Mounting Terminals
- The PZM30D features screw terminals for easy mounting to a desktop surface.