The Gossen Digisix, a digital exposure meter for ambient light made in Germany by Gossen, is a vicious competitor for the 'tiny available light' segment of meters. Measuring is easy: The EV value is measured and indicated in the digital display and then transfered to the setting ring. All the useful shutter speed and f/stop combinations can be read at a glance.
The meter also sports some useful accessory features: a timer function for measuring from 0 seconds to 30 minutes, a watch (adjustabled for both 12 or 24 hour display) and an ambient temperature thermometer (which can be set for either Celsius or Fahrenheit). The lowlight sensitivity of the Digisix allows meaningful measurements in twilight and beyond, a new watershed for such a tiny unit.
Optional accessories, the Camera Adapter Clip(catalog #V069A) as well as the Bogen 3298, allow attachment of the DigiSix directly to the top of your camera's flash shoe.
- Reflected and incident light modes
- Microprocessor controlled operation
- Digital LCD display of read out in 1/3 stops
- Storage of values measured
- At-a-glance indication of all suitable combinations of shutter speeds and aperture
- "Range over" or "Range under" signal
- Watch, Timer, Alarm functions and Temperature measurement
- Robust Temperature Operation Range
- Works in temperatures of 14-140°F (-10 to +60°C)