The HQ231 from ART is a dual channel, 31 band graphic equalizer that features FDC (Feedback Detection Circuitry.) The unit also features constant Q circuitry, 45mm center detent sliders with selectable boost or cut range of 6dB or 12dB and connectivity includes XLR, 1/4" and unbalanced RCA input and output connections.
The ART proprietary FDC differs from similar systems in that it is extremely fast and utilizes a set of indicators that show which of the many EQ bands has the greatest energy. Although it illuminates the band with the greatest energy with the brightest LED, it doesn't fully discriminate between bands and will not get "stuck" on one band when there is no signal. The function can also act as a simple spectrum viewer.
The rugged, all-steel chassis occupies 2U rack spaces and is intended for installation into standard 19" equipment racks. Applications for the HQ231 include live sound systems/PA, permanent or fixed installations, church, club and practice PA systems, DJ sound systems, home and project recording systems, and monitor systems.
- Dual channel, 31-band graphic equalizer
- Constant-Q filtering
- FDC Feedback Detection Circuit
- Individual high and low pass filters on each channel
- Center-detented, 20mm frequency band sliders with selectable range
- Independent level and bypass controls on each channel
- Relay bypass - in the event of power loss to the equalizer, signal will still pass
- Signal clip level indicators
- Ground lift switch
- Internal power supply with selectable line voltage