The Sound Devices MixPre is a 2 channel, studio grade, microphone mixer designed for remote or field mixing in video, film, broadcast or professional recording applications. The compact and lightweight mixer boasts an impressive feature set starting with 2 transformer balanced XLR microphone inputs and stereo (L/R) XLR outputs. Separate stereo tape output and tape return input are provided, both feature 1/8" (3.5mm) mini stereo jacks.
The mixer supplies +15V and +48V phantom power and a 1/4" TRS Phone, headphone monitor output allows monitoring of main and tape return inputs. Both channels feature user switchable, two stage limiting for control over signal overload and distortion. Low-cut filter removes low frequency noise caused by wind and proximity effect. Also provided is an internal test tone oscillator and slate microphone for signal calibration. The MixPre is powered via 2-AA alkaline batteries or external DC power source.
- Professional & Portable
- The unit boasts a dynamic range of 110dB and 10Hz to 50kHz audio bandwidth, while remaining small, lightweight and portable.
- Audio Limiters
- User switchable, two stage limiters are available on each input, eliminating noise and distortion caused by signal overload.
- Flexible Monitoring
- The 1/4" TRS headphone output, monitors main input signal as well as tape return signal.
- Transformer Balanced Inputs
- Transformer-balanced XLR inputs provide high gain while maintaining a low noise floor.
- Low-Cut Filter
- Low-cut filter switches eliminate noise caused by rumble, wind and proximity effect at 80Hz or 160Hz (user switchable).
- Test Tone and Slate Mic
- An internal test tone oscillator and slate microphone are provided for calibrating level of external audio devices.