The Sound Devices 702 is a lightweight but robust professional 2-channel Compact Flash field recorder that advances the possibilities of location recording while remaining surprisingly affordable.
The 702 features high-resolution 24-bit/192kHz recording support, MP3 file playback, a FireWire port, full AES3 digital recording and playback with dedicated digital metering, dedicated function LED indicators, and comprehensive transport and level control, expressed in a compact unit barely 8" in width. This recorder is 2.0 software/hardware ready.
Note: Please note that not all memory cards are approved to work with this device. Please check manufacturer's website for a list of approved cards.
- Two-channels of high-grade microphone preamps with phantom power, limiters, and high-pass filters
- Headphone output level knob, Rotary Switch for Menu selection and headphone source monitoring, easy-access mic/line input switching
- Full front panel transport and input gain controls, separate digital input LED metering
- M/S Stereo monitoring and recording
- 24 bit, 192 kHz sample rate maximum A/D, D/A conversion
- Records to removable, readily-available Compact Flash cards for cost-effective audio file storage
- AES3 (XLR) or AES3id (unbalanced AES on BNC) digital inputs and AES3id outputs
- Programmable, sunlight-viewable LED level metering
- WAV format, mono or poly files, uncompressed PCM audio; 24-bit or 16-bit (with or without dither) and sampling at 32 kHz - 192 kHz adjustable rates
- MP3, MP2 decoder, 64 to 320 Kbps stereo file
- FireWire (IEEE-1394) port for high-speed computer access to the Compact Flash card, 6-pin modular C. Link serial input and output for unit linking and control with the CL-1
- Mac OSX v10.2 or better, Windows XP/2000 operating systems supported
- Removable Li-on rechargeable battery compatible with Sony M- and L-mount Li-on batteries, 10 - 18 VDC external input powers and charges on-board battery
- Aluminum and stainless-steel chassis for exceptional durability and light weight