The Zoom H4 is a handheld 4-track stereo digital recorder. It is ideal for recording interviews, lectures, podcasts, live performances, meetings, and classes. The unit has two built-in condenser microphones in an X/Y pattern for true stereo recordings. It also has two XLR/Phone combo jacks with phantom power, which allow you to connect the microphone or instrument of your choice. The H4 can record high-quality digital sound at up to 24-bit/96 kHz.
The H4 records to Secure Digital (SD) Media (128MB included) in either WAV or MP3 formats. The H4 can record up to 34 hours on a 2GB SD Card in MP3 stereo mode. The unit also has several built-in studio effects, such as compression, limiting and mic modeling, as well as guitar and bass amplifier modeling effects.
Able to record continuously for up to four hours on just two AA batteries, the H4 also sports a USB port for easy transfer of your audio to a PC or Mac. This also allows the H4 to act as a USB interface. Simply plug your mic into the H4, and plug the H4 into your computer via the included cable and record directly to your hard drive. The H4 comes bundled with Cubase LE, for easy editing of your recordings.
All of these features packed into one palm-sized unit make the H4 ideal for journalists, "on-the-go" musicians, and students who need to archive every word out of the professor's mouth.
Note! In order to ensure compatibility with Windows Vista and Mac OSX Leopard, and the highest capacity SD cards, please visit www.zoom.co.jp and make sure you have the latest firmware for your H4.
- Palm-Sized Unit
- The Small Form Factor Allows You to Take the H4 Anywhere
- Four-Track Recording
- Record Multiple Tracks, such as Vocal, Guitar, and Bass, Simultaneously
- High-Quality Audio
- With the Ability to Record WAV at up to 24-bit/96 kHz and MP3 at up to 320kbps, You Never Have to Stand for Sub-Par Audio
- Stereo Recording with Built-In Microphones
- The X/Y Pattern of the Microphones Provides True Stereo Recording
- Two Microphone Inputs
- The Combination XLR-1/4" Phone Jacks with Phantom Power Allow You to Use the Mic of Your Choice
- Built-In Effects
- Compression, Limiting, Mic Modeling and Guitar Amp Modeling
- USB Capability
- Transfer Your Recordings to PC/Mac, or Use the H4 as a USB Audio Interface to Record Directly to Your Computer
- Cubase LE Included
- 48-Track Digital Audio Workstation Software Allows You to Mix and Edit Your Material
- Long Life on AA Batteries
- Continuously Record for up to Four Hours on Just Two AA Batteries
- Backlit LCD
- Easy-to-Read Interface
- Accessories Included
- AC Adapter, Windshield Cover, USB Cable, Tripod Adapter and 128MB SD Card are all Included