The Mackie VLZ3 series are the latest in the popular VLZ line of small format mixing consoles. The VLZ3 is an improvement on the favored design with enhanced XDR2 microphone preamplifiers, an ultra quiet mix bus with improved headroom and a new look.
The 1402-VLZ3 features fourteen balanced line inputs, six high quality XDR2 mic preamps, six insert points (mono channels 1-6) and ALT 3-4 outputs, which gives users an alternative from routing signal to the stereo "Main Out". Using the "ALT 3-4" and "Main" outputs simultaneously, provide four bus style routing to multitrack recorders monitors etc. Perhaps the most impressive feature is in the mic preamps. Premium studio-grade, Extended Dynamic Range (XDR2) mic preamps provide an incredible 130dB dynamic range and 0 to 60dB gain range providing pristine audio and low noise floor. XDR2 mic preamps are optimized for 24-bit, 192kHz sample rate recording. The 1402-VLZ3 is an excellent addition to any home project studio or video editing facility.
- Improved XDR2 Microphone Preamplifiers
- Featuring six improved XDR2 microphone preamps provide an impressive 130dB of Dynamic range. The microphone preamps deliver a wider frequency range than the older XDR mic preamps.
- Improved Mix Bus
- All VLZ3 series mixers have more headroom and less distortion thanks to an improved mix bus. Negative Summing results in a quiet output signal with improved gain.
- Durable 60mm Fader Control
- 60mm tapered faders control Channel, "Control Room" and "Main Mix" level.
- Rugged Construction
- All steel construction virtually eliminates noise caused by bad grounding. Because the chassis is steel, connections are automatically grounded on contact.
- Flexible Routing Options
- The 1402-VLZ3 provides Inserts on all mono channels (1-6). "ALT 3-4" provides a second stereo bus. Use the ALT 3-4 and Stereo main Outputs as a 4-bus configuration.
- Switchable Soloing
- There is switchable "Post Fader" and "Pre Fader" SOLO provided on every channel. The AFL/PFL SOLO switch is located in the master section.
- Compact Design
- The compact enclosure allows users to rack mount the mixer using the optional rack ears.