The Sekonic L-758Cine DigitalMaster Light Meter is the world's first multi-function light meter that can be programmed to match and be calibrated to the sensitivity of your digital camera sensor or type of film for perfect exposure control. They have produced an incredible meter that more than meets the needs of the photographic community. This full-featured meter will definitely make everyone happy as it is loaded with every imaginable feature - and then some...
The L-758Cine differs from the L-758DR model in that the 758Cine has expanded cine speed (fps) 1 thru 1000, Lux 0.63 to 190,000, Foot-Candle 0.10 to 180,000, Cd/m to 190,000, Foot-Lambert 0.07 to 190,000 and Preset filter compensation values (including Kodak Wratten filter number)
Expanding on the unqualified success of the L-558R, Sekonic has taken the next step and designed a meter that offers advanced features such as Spot/Incident measurement modes, flash/ambient measurements, flash analyzing, PocketWizard wireless triggering (via optional module), plus Exposure Profiling, Pre-Exposure warning, 14 selectable custom settings, and much more. This weather-resistant meter not only meets the needs of the digital community but can also serve the cinema community.
The L-758C measures light beyond the capabilities of your camera and ensure repeatable accurate and consistent measurements. In addition, the dynamic range of a particular digital camera or film can be stored, recalled and displayed. Using the USB transfer cable (included) and the Sekonic Digital Input and Transfer software (included), a digital camera or film's exposure profile can be uploaded from a computer (Macintosh or Windows) to the L-758Cine.
Up to three different digital camera or film exposure profiles can be saved and quickly retrieved with a touch of a button. With its Pre-Exposure warning indicators and adjustable mid-tone settings, the L-758Cine puts the power of digital exposure control in the palm of your hands.
When you need to take a light reading - think Sekonic...
To comply with local broadcast regulations, Sekonic wireless systems sold in the various markets around the world are designed to operate at different frequencies. When purchasing and/or installing a transmitter module or using the meter with a receiver, be sure that the meter, module and receiver are designed to be used in your location and use the same frequency.
The FCC designation indicates the meter and module are designed for operation in the USA/North American market. Frequencies: CH 1 to 16: 344.0 MHz; CH 17 to 32: 346.5 to 354.0MHz
The CE designation indicates the meter and module are designed for operation in European countries. Frequencies: CH 1 to 16: 433.62 MHz; CH 17 to 32: 434.22MHz
When purchasing and/or installing a transmitter module or using the meter with a receiver, be sure that the meter, module and receiver are designed to be used in your location and use the same frequency.
The wireless flash triggering system used in Sekonic meters consists of two parts that are designed to be used together and operate only at a specific frequency. Do not install a CE marked module into an FCC marked meter or FCC marked module into a CE marked meter as this will produce a unit that is not compatible with either frequency.
- Expanded Measurement Range
- The L-758Cine model has expanded cine speed (fps) 1 thru 1000, Lux 0.63 to 190,000, Foot-Candle 0.10 to 180,000, Cd/m to 190,000, Foot-Lambert 0.07 to 190,000 and Preset filter compensation values (including Kodak Wratten filter number)
- Exposure Profiling
Programmable to respond to light exactly like your digital camera or type of film; The L-758C can be programmed to perfectly match the sensitivity of a digital camera sensor or type of film for perfect exposure control; In addition, the dynamic range of the digital camera or film can also be stored; Up to three Exposure Profiles (digital cameras, types of film, file type or file type) can be stored and recalled quickly and easily. Exposure profiles can be created for the following measuring modes:
- Reflected measurements (calculated from ISO 3 to 8000)
- Ambient measurements (calculated from ISO 3 to 8000)
- Incident measurements (calculated from ISO 3 to 8000)
- Flash measurements (calculated from ISO 3 to 8000)
- Four Meters In One
- Independent programming of Flash, Ambient, Incident and Reflected measuring modes customized to your digital camera or type of film
- Working together (Incident and Reflected modes)
- Measured values can be memorized and retained in both reflected and incident measuring modes; For example: A incident reading can be retained and displayed as a diffused mid-tone on the analogy scale (f-stop or EV scale), at the same time as reflected spot reading of a highlight or shadow can be measured and memorized; The result is a Highlight, Mid-Tone and Shadow measurement displayed on the meter's analogy scale
- Spot with Digital Display
- The L-758C Cine features a rectangular 1° parallax-free spot viewfinder; In dim or bright light situations, the L-758C Cine's spot viewfinder displays f/stops, shutter speeds and more; The built-in spot meter measures both reflected ambient, flash or combined lighting
- Pre-Exposure Warning
- Displays and alerts when a measured value exceeds your digital cameras (or type of film) dynamic range
- Super Sensitive Flash Metering
- Measures light beyond the limits of any camera (reflected flash measurements as low as f-2.0 (ISO 100)
- 1° Spot with Digital Display
- Rectangular 1° spot viewfinder with vivid display
- Mid-Tone Adjustment
- The Mid-Tone button acts as an exposure shift, moving the highlight or shadow within the dynamic range of the digital camera or type of film; Once the desired high light or shadow setting is selected, the pre-exposure blinking alert icon stops flash, indicating that the value is within the recordable range
- Retractable Lumisphere
- A built-in adjustable incident dome (Lumisphere) provides full measuring in the standard position or when retracted, provides cosine-corrected light readings for individual light source measurements or flat artwork
- Analyzing Function
Simultaneous reading of flash and ambient light is analyzed and displayed
- Combined readings of flash and ambient
- Percentage of flash in the total exposure
- Simultaneous display of flash, ambient and combined readings on the analog display
- Exposure, Calibration and Filter Compensation
- Independent incident and reflected exposure compensation of up to +/-9.9 EV can be easily set for custom film exposure corrections or for bellows extension factors; With the calibration, compensation setting of +/-1.0 EV, matching built-in camera meters or other handheld meters is a snap; There is even a filter compensation setting of +/-5.0 EV for filter factor compensation
- Data Transfer Software
- Compatible with both Windows and Macintosh computers, the Sekonic Data Transfer Software automatically calculates the entered test data from a digital camera and creates an exposure profile; These profiles contain exposure characteristics for Flash, Ambient, Incident and Reflected exposure modes from ISO 3 to ISO 8000; In addition, the dynamic range at all ISOs are calculated and stored; Exposure profiles are transferred via a USB cable (included) from the Data Transfer Software (included) directly into the L-758C. Once the data is completely transferred to the meter, it is automatically calibrated and programmed for the specific digital camera sensor or film loaded in its memory
- Dual ISO Settings
- The L-758C offers the flexibility of taking a single measurement and displaying the f-stop and shutter speed for two different ISO film speeds, such as negative film and Polaroid proofing film; The second ISO setting is also ideal for calculating exposure compensation such as filter factors or bellows factors, without having to change the original film speed settings
- All Weather Design
- All buttons, switches and compartments are sealed and the meter housing has been constructed with durable, rugged conditions in mind; Ideal for shooting in sandy, rainy or humid conditions
- 14 Custom Settings
- The custom settings mode provides a quick and easy setup of individual meter preferences. The L-758C features and modes can be turned on or off, as well as modified to fit the needs of the individual using the meter
- Memory All Clear
- Memorized values can be all cleared or the last memorized value can be deleted (backspace clear), in addition, individually selected values can be selected and cleared
Optional Wireless Selective Quad-Triggering
- Optional Plug-in Radio Transmitter Module 1
- Radio technology: Complex 16/24 bit digitally coded
- Range: Up to 100' from transmitter to receiver or transceiver
- Channels: 1 to 16 channels standard, 17 to 32 "Selective Quad Triggering"
- Radio Wave Frequency: USA & Canada - CH1-CH16 344.00MHz; CH17-CH32 346.50 - 354.00MHz; Europe: CH1-CH16 433.62MHz; CH17-CH32 434.22MHz