The Celestron Omni XLT 120 Telescope offers even more brightness and aperture than its sibling XLT 102-it is a superb 4.7" refractor for the price, complete with Celestron's StarBright XLT coatings. The Omni XLT 120's excellent and contrasty images are appealing for observation, and the scope's also ready for some imaging duty, too. The focuser is the larger 2" size, to allow you to take advantage of some delicious wide field star viewing should you ever upgrade to an optional 2" diagonal and longer 2" eyepiece.
Unlike altazimuth-mounted scopes, the Omni XLT's quite viable for astrophotography; it has a T-mount adapter, and when augmented with the optional dual axis motor and polar axis finder can achieve brilliantly sharp long-exposure images of the faint objects such as nebulae.
The XLT 120 features the CG-4 manual mount, which doesn't require batteries. Pound for pound, the choice of the CG-4 manual mount over motorized mounts will be advantageous to purists who are eager to learn the sky map. It can be a rewarding experience.
- Bright 4.7" refractor, with StarBright XLT coatings, gives great lunar/planetary viewing, wide field observing, and even some deep space use
- Quality, classic CG-4 manual mount equipped with finely-geared slow motion control & setting circles for quick reference
- Large 2" focuser barrel accepts optional 2" diagonals, eyepieces, and direct imaging accessories
- Immediately ready for imaging by adding camera-specific T-mount to the included 1.25"/T-ring adapter
- Optional #93522 motor drive & #94221 polar axis finder allow long exposure imaging
- Included counterweights achieve optimum balance even at zenith
- Durable stainless steel tripod
- Incorporated lens hood improves contrast & repels dew for longer observing sessions