The AUDIOGRAM6 from Yamaha is a computer-based recording system that is easy to set-up and use. The system is a complete kit and bundles together a hardware interface that provides the audio inputs and outputs to the computer, software for recording and producing music, and a USB cable for connecting the audio interface to the computer.
The audio inputs allow for attaching a variety of sources that include instruments, microphones, CD players, MP3 players, and even old record or tape players for recording straight into Cubase AI. Because the input sensitivity of each channel can be changed for direct connection of electric guitars and basses with a push of a button, there's no need to study up on impedance and other specialist recording topics.
Normal compressors can be very difficult to adjust. The single-knob compressors on the AUDIOGRAM6 are extremely simple, using just a single knob to adjust compression for smoother and more balanced recordings. Basic mixer functions such as input and output control knobs, along with signal and peak LED indicators, round out an efficient and comprehensive recording system.
- USB 1.1 interface with mixer functionality
- Two mono input channels and two stereo input channels
- Mono channels can accept either microphone or instrument level with +48V phantom power switchable on one of the channels
- The mono channels can be "Stereo Coupled" for recording live performances, for example
- After connecting the interface to the computer and the required input sources, set-up is easy, requiring the user to only adjust the input sensitivity and output volume before starting recording
- Single-knob compressors on the two mono channels take the guesswork out of setting up compression, providing stable and professional sounding recordings
- A Monitor Mix function allows for conveniently balancing the audio input from external sources with the volume of audio already recorded
- The interface is bus powered, making it ideal for mobile situations with a notebook computer 1