The Gitzo GM3551 6X Carbon Fiber Monopod is a Series 3, 5-section monopod that weighs less than 1.5 lbs, but can still support cameras up to 39.6 lb (18 kg). This monopod also incorporates Gitzo's revolutionary 6X technology tube, which reduces the overall monopod's weight up to 25% without sacrificing strength or stability.
The G-Lock mechanism has been completely redesigned in order to achieve a 20% increase in rigidity, faster operation and stronger, safer locking. G-Lock's special design also provides a "gravity lock" effect: the higher the load applied vertically to the leg, the stronger the lock.
- 1mm Gitzo 6X Carbon Fiber Tube
- Gitzo was able to develop a six-crossed multilayer carbon fiber 30% lighter than the previous 1.5mm generation that features the same exceptional performance of stability and vibration absorption and unbeatable quality.
- Anti-Rotation Leg (ALR) System
- The Anti-Rotation Leg (ALR) system makes it quick and easy to open and close the monopod. Simply turn all of the locking rings at once and the whole leg can be pulled out in seconds.
- Wrist Strap with Belt Clip
- Connected to the top plate is a wrist strap, with a handy wide belt clip incorporated. This makes it possible to hang the monopod directly from a belt, strap, or pocket.
- Removable Leg Tip
- The self-locking removable rubber leg tip is interchangeable with Gitzo universal accessories such as the big foot, long spike, etc.