The Slik Sprint Mini II GM Tripod is a flyweight class tripod specifically configured for travel concerns, meant for use with very small SLR systems or with any form of point and shoot camera. It has 20mm diameter upper leg segments and is specialized for those who value compact folded dimensions and low weight above all other tripod concerns; you'll need to stoop down a bit to use it, or otherwise have a rotating/flip-out LCD screen (or right angle finder for your SLR). This is a tripod right at home on a backpack or on your shoulder (unpadded case with shoulder strap included), weighing only 1.72 lbs (780g).
The Sprint series was designed to maximize your propensity to actually carry and use your tripod on vacation, without costing a ton. It can be raised and lowered quickly, and will help make sharp images in the typical daylight conditions a traveler 'on holiday' is expected to encounter.
This particular version of the Sprint series has Slik's SBH100DQ compact ballhead with quick release, for the photographer preferring speed in setup.
- Speed Release Lock levers allow for fast set up
- 3-Position leg locks allow for leg openings of independent angles
- Angled rubber leg tips maximize traction to flat, hard surfaces (and also allow carry on to aircraft)
- Foam covered upper leg sections ease handling in extreme weather conditions
- Compact ballhead with diminutive quick release plate
- Detachable 2-part center column and independent leg spread allows great minimum operating height
- Maximum upper leg diameter of 20mm