You might be surprised at how many photo assignments you can handle with a compact, lightweight monolight like the Impact Digital Monolight 400W/s (120VAC). It's got 400w/s of power in an easily transportable package, and light output that can be varied in 1/10 stop stages over a 4-stop range, accessible through the digital readout. The 100W modeling light can be coupled to the flash, getting brighter or dimmer to match the actual light output, or independently set to the level you want. The monolight accepts Bowens monolight reflectors and head accessories. It also has a limited Auto Dump function, firing the strobe when you reset to a different power level (so the strobe is automatically set to the correct setting for the next flash). A built-in optical slave allows the monolight to be triggered using another flash. Perfect for portraits, small still-lifes, and much more.
- Power is variable over a 4-stop range
- Digital readout coupled with the power variator
- Accepts Bowens monolight reflectors and head accessories
- Power is adjustable in 1/10 stop increments, from full to 1/8 power
- Model light intensity may be coupled to, or independent from, the flash output levels
- Limited Auto Dump feature automatically fires the strobe when you reset to a lower power level
- Built-in optical slave "sees" the light from other flashes, and fires monolight automatically