The Blackmagic Design DeckLink Studio 2 is an HD/SD broadcast video capture card with an array of digital and analog video and audio connections. The connections are non-independent so only one can be used at a time. The outputs are all live, so any input can be routed through any output.
HD/SD-SDI and HDMI inputs and outputs are integrated, and the rest of the connections are accessible via an included 3 ft breakout cable. The cable features Component BNC, S-Video, and Composite BNC video inputs and outputs, 1/4" analog audio and AES/EBU digital audio inputs/outputs, a sync input, an RS-422 deck control output, and an SD-SDI only output.
The card features two PCI slot plates and takes up two slots, but it only connects into the motherboard through one slot. The reason for the second plate is to provide easier access to the card's HDMI input and output ports. The actual ports are on the rear of the card but are accessible on the second plate through cabling connecting the plate to the rear ports.
- This video card supports fully independent connections for SDI, HDMI, analog component, S-video, and composite video
- Audio connections include 4 channels of balanced analog audio, 8 channels of SDI audio, and 2 channels of AES/EBU digital with sample-rate converters
- Support for NTSC & PAL standards is included
- It features an RS-422 deck control
- The device offers blackburst and tri-sync reference input
- This unit is compatible with Windows, Mac, and Linux systems and 1, 4, 8 and 16 PCIe slots