The iPad Camera Connection Kit from Apple imports digital photos from your digital camera, iPhone, or SD card directly onto your iPad 1st, 2nd or 3rd Gen. The kit includes one Camera Connector and one SD Card Reader. The Camera Connector docks to your iPad and has a USB interface that connects to your digital camera or iPhone using a USB cable (not included). The SD Card Reader simply docks to the iPad; when you insert an SD card you're ready to transfer your photos.
After connection of either device the iPad will instantly open up the Photos app. You'll be able to choose which pictures to import and you'll be able to organize your photos in albums of your choosing. The iPad and the Camera Connection Kit support standard photo formats, such as JPEG and RAW along with SD and HD video formats. Additionally, when you sync your iPad to your Mac or PC the photos stored on your iPad will be added to your computer's photo library.
- Camera Connector
- The Camera Connector features a USB interface. Just plug it into the dock connector port on your iPad, then attach your digital camera or iPhone using a USB cable (not included). The iPhone 3G is not supported
- SD Card Reader
- Use the SD Card Reader to import photos directly from your camera's SD card. Connect it to your iPad, then insert your digital camera's SD card into the slot
- How It Works
- After you insert the connector of your choice, your iPad automatically opens the Photos app, which lets you choose which pictures to import, then organizes the selected photos into albums. When you sync iPad to your PC or Mac, the photos on your iPad are added to your computer's photo library
- Supported Photo/Video Formats
- iPad and the Camera Connection Kit supports standard photo formats, including JPEG and RAW. It also supports SD and HD video formats including H.264 and MPEG-4