To reach ultimate heights in professional inkjet printing consider the super-quality of the Epson Stylus Pro 4900 Inkjet Printer. This amazing wide-format printer accepts sheet and roll media up to 17"/432mm wide and incorporates the newest professional printing technologies to produce breath-taking photos and artwork. Epson's UltraChrome HDR - the latest generation of pigment ink technology - uses ten colors, including an all-new orange and green to produce the widest color gamut ever from an Epson Stylus Pro printer.
Improving upon earlier models, the Stylus Pro 4900 incorporates a three-level black ink technology which simultaneously uses black, light black and light light black inks. The results show outstanding gray balance and highlight-to shadow grayscale accuracy plus impressive high density levels and virtually no bronzing. The Stylus Pro 4900 further improves upon previous models with automatic black ink mode switching - load both photo and matte black inks into the printer and the 4900 will automatically switch from one to the other with minimal ink loss.
With an even higher level of ink droplet accuracy than found on previous Epson printer models, the high-precision, ten-channel MicroPiezo TFP Print Head has been enhanced with an exclusive ink repelling coating technology to dramatically reduce nozzle clogging for more printing production with fewer headaches. This, combined with the Epson AccuPhoto HD screening technology, gives you the means to print at an astonishing resolution of 2880 x 1440 dpi.
Capable of handling virtually any type of cut-sheet media up to 17"/432mm wide, the Epson Stylus Pro 4900 incorporates a high-capacity paper tray that accommodates up to 250 sheets of plain paper in sizes ranging from letter size sheets to roll media up to 17.0" x 132.0'/432mm x 40 m. The printer conveniently provides different ways to load media, including a front-loading, straight-through path capable of handling media up to 1.5 mm thick and a second, top-loading, single-sheet feeder optimized for fine art paper.
When you are printing large-format photos or artwork the biggest nightmare is waiting - slow production means less profit. The 4900 is a natural solution to the problem - it delivers a 2880 dpi 16.0 x 20.0"/406 x 508mm photo in High-Speed/HS print mode in only 6 minutes, 28 seconds
Epson UltraChrome HDR Ink Technology
- The 4900 features Unique High Dynamic Range (HDR) pigments for an extremely wide color gamut. This ten-color printing system includes all-new orange and green inks. It is designed to work with Epson AccuPhoto HDR screening technology. Plus, it exhibits outstanding short-term color stability for mission-critical proofing applications.
- Certified by PANTONE to cover 98% of the Formula Guide Solid Coated - when printing on Epson Proofing Paper White Semi-Matte with the standard Epson driver at 2880 x 1440 dpi. PANTONE coverage may vary when printed on a 3rd party RIP.
- Improved Microcrystal Encapsulation Technology for reduced gloss differential, and the 4900 displays improved black density up to 2.6 with an L* value ~3.0. Dmax and L* values are based on Epson Premium Luster Photo Paper - 260 gsm.
High-Precision Ten-Channel Epson MicroPiezo TFP Print Head
- The Thin Film Piezo (TFP) print head design is capable of handling ten separate ink channels. The one-inch wide, high performance print head is equipped with 360 nozzles per channel. It is also equipped with auto-sharing black ink channel technology. Additionally, an ink repelling coating dramatically reduces nozzle clogging.
- The print head produces variable-sized droplets as small as 3.5 picoliters to greatly decrease print times while optimizing photographic quality. Variable Droplet Technology can produce up to three different droplet sizes per print line.
AccuPhoto HDR Screening Technology
- AccuPhoto HDR Screening Technology is an advanced screening algorithm and ten-color screening algorithm result in prints with superior color and clarity with a maximum resolution of 2880 x 1440 dpi for incredibly sharp text and line art. The technology produces extremely accurate and fine blends and photographic transitions with extremely accurate highlight-to-shadow details.
- When combined with the precise dot placement accuracy of the Epson MicroPiezo TFP print head, overall photographic print quality is dramatically improved with consistent color balance regardless of the viewing light source. There is no visible photographic graininess due to the printing process. Photographic graininess could still be visible if present in the actual file being printed.
- In order to ensure consistent printing between multiple Epson Stylus Pro printers of the same model, Epson has refined the manufacturing process to include colorimetric calibration. Eliminating the need for internal calibration devices, this system evaluates and adjusts each printer's performance at the manufacturing stage, ensuring consistent color output from printer to printer and print to print.
Automatic Print Head Alignment
- A built-in sensor performs highly precise alignments of all color channels. This technology aligns both uni-directional and bi-directional print modes.
Three-Level Black Ink Technology
- The Stylus Pro 4900 simultaneously uses black, light black and light light black inks. It significantly improves the gray balance while eliminating color casts and achieves outstanding highlight-to-shadow grayscale accuracy for a smoother tonal range.
Automatic Black Ink Switching
- Both Photo and Matte Black ink cartridges are installed simultaneously. Depending upon your media type or driver setting, the printer will automatically switch modes. The highly-efficient print head design ensures fast switching with minimal ink usage. It automatically ensures optimum black ink density, regardless of media type used.
Automatic Nozzle Verification and Cleaning
- Embedded sensors quickly verify nozzle status without using media and automatically clean the print head if required. It is user configurable to meet your specific nozzle verification requirements.
- Extremely reduced color inconstancy ensures uniform color under any lighting condition. This technology virtually eliminates any bronzing of basic pigment chemistry. It also enhances the ICC profiling process for ColorSync and ICM workflows.
Professional Media Handling
- The printer is compatible with virtually any media type, in roll or cut sheet, from 8.5 x 11.0"/letter up to 17"/432mm wide. The built-in high capacity paper tray handling up to 250 sheets of plain paper, or up to 100 sheets of premium paper up to 17.0 x 24.0"/432 x 610mm. Plus, it features automatic switching between front high capacity paper tray and roll media feeder.
- The Stylus Pro 4900 features four built-in media paths including roll feed, front paper tray, front-top manual feeder, and a straight-through, front manual feeder. It is capable of handling cut-sheets up to 1.5mm thick and it has a printer and driver based media identification and synchronization system for virtually error-free media use.
ePlaten Roll Media Loading Technology
- The technology provides accurate media loading, movement, skew adjustment, and tracking. The printer has a user-adjustable, dual-tension, roll media spindle which accepts either 2- or 3-inch media cores. It also has Electronically controlled roll media back tension and automated roll media rewinding upon release.
Roll Media Length Tracking and Identification System
- The 4900 allows auto bar code tagging of remaining roll media information for faster reloading. This system is very useful for tracking partially used media rolls.
High Performance Rotary Cutting System
- The durable rotary cutter is designed to be virtually maintenance free. With high performance cutting speeds - cuts 17"/432mm wide rolls in seconds. It's capable of cutting virtually any roll media type, including most canvas and fine art papers.
True Border-Free Roll-Based Printing
- The Stylus Pro 4900 allows printing off both left and right edges of roll based media, while automatically cutting top and bottom edges to create a full-bleed print. Fully trim your photographic prints faster and safer than by hand.
High Performance Print Engine Speeds
- Utilizing Epson's latest print head technology, the Stylus Pro 4900 is quite possibly the fastest professional desktop printer in the industry. It will deliver a 2880 dpi 16 x 20"/406 x 508mm photo in High-Speed/HS print mode in 6 minutes, 28 seconds.
Epson Intelligent High-Capacity Ink System
- A newly designed ink cartridge technology ensures reliable ink delivery at all print speeds, while dramatically reducing the physical size of the ink cartridges. Eleven individual ink cartridges are available in 200 ml fill capacities, and on-the-fly ink cartridge replacement is possible for increased productivity.
Easy-to-Use Front Control Panel
- A high-resolution 2.5"/63.5mm color LCD provides improved viewing of printer status. The simple button layout is for all navigation and basic printer functions, and the all-new 'Ink' button allows quick access to key actions such as cleaning or nozzle verification. A built-in printer warning lamp is for easy identification across a large space.
- Standard ports include one high speed USB 2.0 and one 10/100 Base-T Ethernet. Standard professional Epson drivers for Macintosh and Windows are included and the 4900 is fully supported by most leading third-party software RIPs and workflows.
- SpectroProofer 17 is an optional 17"/432mm wide spectrophotometer developed jointly with X-Rite. It is simply installed - it fits cleanly into the front of the Epson Stylus Pro 4900. When driven by the latest front-end RIP software, the Epson SpectroProofer can automate virtually any color management process in your workflow.
New Quiet and More Power Efficient Design
- Significantly reduced noise while printing making it ideal for home office or studio use. It's virtually silent when powered on and idling - less than 6.1 dB (A).
- Fully ENERGY STAR compliant - it uses only about 8.5 watts while in sleep mode. It has a user controlled sleep and power management system for maximum efficiency.
World-Class Service and Support
- Support includes one year of limited warranty coverage under the Epson Preferred Protection Plan with toll-free telephone support available Monday through Friday and usually next-business day exchange service. Optional one- or two-year Epson Preferred Plus service plans are available.