The Heliopan 82mm Neutral Density 3.0 Filter is a solid ND filter providing a 10 stop exposure reduction. This 3.0 density creates a darkening of the entire image, allowing you to photograph with a wider aperture or slower shutter speed than normally required. By slowing your exposure time or increasing your aperture, you are able to control depth of field and convey movement more easily.
The front and rear surfaces of the filter both feature a single anti-reflection coating. Each coating helps to increase light transmission by reducing reflections, scattered light, and ghosting. Additionally, they offer protection to the filter substrate while helping to keep the glass clean for longer than uncoated glass.
This Heliopan filter is constructed from Schott glass for increased optical clarity and color fidelity. It features a brass filter ring for durability as well as jamming prevention.
- ND 3.0 filter darkens the image, allowing you to photograph with a longer shutter speed or wider aperture than normally required.
- Providing a 10 stop exposure reduction, this filter allows you to control depth of field and convey movement more easily.
- Single coatings on both the front and rear offer protection to the glass and help to improve light transmission and image quality.
- Constructed from Schott glass for optical clarity.
- Brass filter ring helps to prevent jamming and provides additional strength.
- Dual threading with 82mm front filter threads permits combining with other filters.