The Photek Softlighter II 60" Umbrella takes light from your strobe head or monolight, reflects it into its white panels, then softens it again with a diffuser on its way out.
This 60" size is perfect for a 1 - 2 person full length portrait, or 4x5 ft product setup. It will illuminate ~20 sq ft.
Note: This size does not include the gold and silver discs.
- Unique construction consisting of ten panels instead of the usual eight gives more reflective surface, more perfect circle of light - more flattering catch lights in the subject's eyes.
- The removable black nylon cover stops all stray and ricochet, enhancing total light control.
- With removal of its black cover and a reversal of direction, the Softlighter II becomes a "softbox" -- a shoot-through diffuser, providing light that can be used either as a main light source or as a flattering fill.
- Note: For mounting shoe mount flash units to the Softlighter II a shoe mount light stand/umbrella adapter is necessary. Shoe mount flash units must be set to Manual because the entire flash will be inside the umbrella (unless the flash unit is equipped with a remote sensor).
- Note: For strobe use only -- not for use with hot lights, or modeling lights over 250 watts.