The black Airport International V 2.0 Rolling Camera Bag from Think Tank is user configurable to hold two pro DSLRs, 4 lenses (one up to 300mm f/2.8), 2 flashes and, when used with the optional Airport International Low Divider Set, a 15.4" laptop that is held within the optional Artificial Intelligence 15 V2.0 laptop bag. If configured differently, a longer lens can be accommodated but the case will hold fewer shorter lenses. The Low Divider set is 2.0" (5.1 cm) lower than the standard dividers included with the bag and provides space for the laptop to lay across the top of your photo gear. Or, you can put the Artificial Intelligence 15 V2.0 laptop bag inside the stretchable front pocket of the bag. For an added benefit, you can lock the laptop case to the front of the bag with the included front security cable and combination lock.
A TSA (Transportation Security Administration) combination lock secures the main compartment. For even more security, there's a rear security cable that permits you to lock the entire bag to a heavy object such as a desk or column. In this way, you can withdraw whatever gear you need and leave the rest of the bag secured to an immovable object. The bag is provided with three grab handles - top, side and bottom. The bottom handle is cleverly situated to help you lift the bag into an on board aircraft storage bin. Think Tank has even thought to provide little ports for the zippers that cover up the metal so your gear won't get scratched - a nice touch.
The Airport International V 2.0 Rolling Camera Bag is transported on its dual wheels that are user-replaceable with a free kit supplied by Think Tank. The retractable handle makes it easy to go up ramps or travel on the street. The wheels are situated on the very outside edge of the bag to make it more balanced and the housings are higher than normal to prevent damage when going up stairs or the abuse incurred on city curbs.
Tripods and monopods are secured to the bag using the included straps and cup that holds larger legs. Small accessories such as pens, pads and CDs are stored in the front zippered pocket along with a front stretch pocket that will hold your newspaper or collateral material. The inside of lid has an organizer for smalls stuff.
One of the "wow" features of the bag is the security ID plate that has a unique number. By registering this number with Think Tank, you stand a chance of getting the bag back should it become lost or misplaced. For anyone who travels often, you know that luggage loss can be a nightmare and the security number will help to ease your worried mind.
Business cards are stored in a pocket just below the handle and another zippered pocket in the same location is for rapid access to your passport. The incredible versatility of this bag is backed by Think Tank's lifetime warranty against manufacturer's defects.
- The rear security cable literally chains the Airport International V2.0 to immovable objects. At times, it may be necessary to leave gear for a period of time in a media room, wedding hall, hotel room, or other open area. Locking the bag's main compartment, then locking the rear security cable to a fixed object can prevent the bag and its contents from being easily stolen. A small TSA (Transportation Security Administration) travel padlock is included for convenience but any padlock is compatible with the cable
- A TSA combination lock secures the main compartment zipper. There are many instances when photographers must leave behind some or all of their gear while on location. The rear security cable prevents the entire bag from being stolen altogether when the cable is locked around an immovable object
- The front security cable and combination lock allows you to lock a laptop case to the front of the roller. This lock is very effective when you are traveling with a laptop case stored in the front stretch pocket
- The security ID plate may allow your lost or stolen bag to be returned. Before using your bag, register the bag's unique serial number on Think Tank's website
- The optional Think Tank Artificial Intelligence 15 V2.0 or 17 V2.0 laptop bags are designed to slide in stretchable front pocket of the roller. The advantage is that the roller looks smaller, even when the laptop case is inside the pocket. If, for some reason, weighing the bag before a flight becomes necessary, the laptop case can be removed making the roller lighter and smaller. Also, once on board the airplane, the roller and laptop case can be stowed separately for easier access to in-flight photo editing or entertainment
- A tripod cup and accessory straps are included for carrying a tripod or monopod on the side of the bag. The tripod cup is primarily used with tripods with large leg releases or wide feet
- The optional Airport International Low Divider Set creates space inside the roller to store up to a 15.4" laptop within an optional Artificial Intelligence 15 V2.0 laptop bag. The advantages of storing the laptop inside the rolling bag are primarily to maintain the international carry-on size and the ability to lock the laptop inside the rolling bag with your camera equipment. The partitions of the Low Divider Set are 2.0" (5.1 cm) shorter than the divider normally included with the Airport International V2.0 and will replace most of the dividers when interior laptop storage is needed. The optional Cable Management 50 is also compatible with the Low Divider Set
- The inside of the lid has organizers to store all the other stuff needed for a photo shoot such as an optional Pixel Pocket Rocket, batteries, pens, plug adapters, cables, and much more. The zipper sliders can be inserted into little "ports" that cover up the metal to prevent scratching the cameras and lenses underneath the lid
- The bag includes replaceable wheels and protective wheel housings. If you wear out the wheels, Think Tank provides a free kit so that you can replace the wheels. The wheels being located on the very outside of the bag makes it very stable when rolled. The wheel housings are extra high, to protect your case when going up curbs and stairs
- If you are not using the front stretch pocket to hold a laptop case, it is an excellent pocket to get quick access to jackets, newspapers, paperwork, and other items you need to pull out quickly
- The front pocket organizer, near the top of the bag, can be used for storing items like pens, pencils, card wallets, CDs, notepads, and more
- For easy identification, a business card holder is located directly under the handle. It holds quite a few cards. There is also a zippered pocket under the handle that can hold a passport and other small items
- The bottom handle was placed to make it easier for you pick up the bag and place it in overhead bins on airplanes, car trunks, or any other mode of transportation. The handle is particularly helpful for overhead bins, since airline attendants recommend stowing rolling bags with their wheels facing out toward the bin door
- Holds two pro-sized DSLRs, two strobes, two pocket wizards, a 16-35mm f/2.8, a 24-70mm f/2.8, a 70-200mm f/2.8, a 300mm f/2.8, and much more. It is important to note that the cameras can be mounted with or without the lens attached
- Carry-On Form Factor
- FAA and airline carry-on specifications are subject to change without notice, please check with your airline before designating this case as a carry-on item. Most airlines require carry-on items to have an external linear measurement that is equal to or less than 45.0" (114.3 cm). The external dimensions of this case add up to 43.0" (109.2 cm)