The Blackmagic Design DeckLink 4K Extreme Capture & Playback Card features two SDI inputs supporting 6G and 3G capability, assignable in the Blackmagic Control Panel. With all the latest firmware updates installed, you can ingest DCI 4K, 4:2:2, or UHD 4K, YUV, 4:2:2 by single-link 6G-SDI. The second input shuts off in this setup. DCI 4K, 4:2:2 can also be ingested via the HDMI input with the latest firmware installed.
With 3G-SDI assigned, you can ingest single-link, 1080p, RGB, 4:4:4; and with HD-SDI assigned, you can ingest single-link 1080p, 4:2:2, or dual-link, 1080p, 4:4:4. You can also use the SDI inputs for dual-channel 2D/3D stereoscopic workflows.
The remaining connections include two SDI outputs, an HDMI output, and Component, Composite, S-Video, XLR, RS-422, and genlock on an included breakout cable. The card also features an internal SD/HD keyer and broadcast-quality up/down/cross conversion. DeckLink 4K Extreme is compatible with Mac, Windows, and Linux based workstations and media servers and supports a comprehensive list of software (please see below).
- Key Features
- PCIe I/O card compatible with Mac, Windows, and Linux based workstations and servers
- DCI 4K, 4:2:2, or UHD 4K, YUV, 4:2:2 by single-link 6G-SDI
- DCI 4K, 4:2:2 by HDMI
- 1080p, RGB, 4:4:4 by single-link 3G-SDI
- 1080p, 4:2:2 by single-link HD-SDI
- 1080p, 4:4:4 by dual-link HD-SDI
- Dual-channel 2D/3D stereoscopic by SDI
- Component, Composite, S-Video, XLR, RS-422, and genlock on an included breakout cable
- Internal SD/HD keyer
- Broadcast-quality up/down/cross conversion
- Mac OS X Support
- Drivers are available that work with software such as Avid Media Composer, Apple Final Cut Pro X, Apple Final Cut Pro 7, Adobe Premiere Pro, Avid Symphony, and Avid News Cutter. For visual effects, DeckLink 4K Extreme supports full compatibility with Adobe After Effects, The Foundry Nuke, and Adobe Photoshop. For audio, it supports ProTools, Steinberg Nuendo, and Cubase. And for streaming, you can use Flash Media Encoder, Wirecast, or Livestream Procaster.
- Linux Support
- DeckLink 4K Extreme is an open standard capture card and is perfect for the development of Linux based video applications. The availability of a free, well documented SDK facilitates developing specific solutions to meet your needs or to work with solutions developed by others. A free download of Blackmagic Design Media Express is available for capture and playback when using DeckLink 4K Extreme with Linux operating systems.
- Windows Support
- In use with a Windows system, you get access to vast range of software because DeckLink 4K Extreme supports WDM, DirectShow, and QuickTime. For editing, you can use Avid Media Composer, Avid News Cutter, Adobe Premiere Pro, Sony Vegas Pro, Corel VideoStudio, CyberLink Power Director, and MAGIX Video Pro. For visual effects, the card is compatible with After Effects, The Foundry Nuke, Adobe After Effects, and Adobe Photoshop. The list of supported audio software includes Steinberg Nuendo and Cubase. And for streaming, you can use Flash Media Encoder, Xsplit Broadcaster, Wirecast, and Livestream Procaster.
- Supported Applications
- Apple Final Cut Pro X, Adobe Premiere Pro, Avid Media Composer, Adobe After Effects, Nuke - The Foundry, DaVinci Resolve, Avid Pro Tools, Steinberg Cubase, Autodesk Smoke, Adobe Photoshop, Steinberg Nuendo, Avid Symphony, Avid News Cutter, Tools On Air just:in / live:cut / just:play / just:live, Softron OnTheAir / MovieRecorder / OnTheAir CG, Flash Media Encoder, Wirecast, Livestream Procaster, Resolume Avenue 4, Sony Vegas Pro, Corel VideoStudio Pro X4, CyberLink Power Director, MAGIX Video Pro X4, Vidcaster Pro / Studio / Broadcast, Uniplay, Playbox AirBox, CasparCG, Magicsoft CG, Xsplit Broadcaster, Harris Infocaster