The 500GB G-DRIVE mini Portable Drive from G-Technology comes equipped with two FireWire 800 ports and one USB 3.0 port for versatile connectivity. You can also take advantage of the included FireWire 400 cable to connect your drive right out of the box. This SATA drive runs at 7200 RPMs with a 16MB cache. The integrated heat sink provides sufficient cooling ensuring the drive doesn't overheat. Connect the G-DRIVE mini to either a Mac or Windows computer for enhanced compatibility.
- High-Speed Portable Hard Drive
- Weighing in at less than 9 oz, the G-DRIVE mini comes with a reduced form factor making it perfect those on the go. With a capacity of up to 500GB of storage space you can store important documents, MP3s, digital video and digital photo files. The system can withstand up to 100 G's of shock to ensure your data is protected against the bumps and bruises encountered on the road. G-DRIVE mini is bus powered eliminating the need to carry an external AC power supply. G-DRIVE mini features a fan-less cooling system and a 7200RPM drive.
- Easy to Setup - Time Machine Ready
- G-DRIVE mini comes preformatted HFS+ with Journaling and is Time Machine ready right out of the box. A simple initialization is all it takes to prepare G-DRIVE mini for use with Windows systems.
- Optional Power Adapter
- Typically, no AC power supply is necessary. The G-DRIVE mini is bus powered to eliminate the need to carry around an external AC power supply to use the drive. However, some computer systems may not supply adequate power via USB, which keeps the G-DRIVE mini from properly spinning up. If this is the case, it may become necessary to use an optional AC power adapter. Simply plug the optional power adapter into the G-DRIVE mini and attach the other end to a surge protector or wall outlet.