The Ocean Systematic Series 5 Carbon Fiber Anti-Corrosion 4-Section Tripod from Gitzo is the largest and strongest in the Ocean tripod line. It's also a great choice for photographers working under demanding conditions who are looking for a tripod that features rigid support, yet adaptable and flexible configurations.
This Ocean tripod is designed for use in the most destructive conditions for tripods--salt water, dust, mud, sand. Made with 6x carbon fiber legs, all of the fittings are constructed from precision-tooled aluminum with a corrosion-resistant finish.
Ocean Lock, a refinement of the G-Lock leg locking system, sets new standards for protecting tripod legs. Ocean Lock adds special inserts at both ends of each leg section, which greatly minimize the amount of salt water, dust, mud, etc. that can enter the legs and locking mechanisms. The upper stainless steel leg ends have a funnel-like hole which allows the small amount of liquid that might have entered to be emptied out efficiently.
The Series 5 tripods are ideal for supporting larger video or DSLR cameras, and lenses. It has a unique modular system that can be quickly changed from one configuration to another, in as little as 15 seconds, and the same tripod can support both photographic and video equipment. Despite a weight of just 6.39 lb, this tripod can be extended to 60" high or as low as 3.54" and handle a DSLR with up to an 800mm lens, or a large spotting scope for bird-watching--up to an 88-lb load capacity.
Series 5 tripods have an Anti Leg Rotation system (ALR) and brushed matte black finish for improved locking performance and minimized reflectivity. Built-in spiked feet add stability and speed in setting up a shot on rough terrain. A wide selection of accessories allows you to keep growing your system according to your future needs, whether they are still life, macro, outdoor, sport or wildlife applications. A tripod head is not included.
- Ocean Lock
- The Ocean-Lock is a special version of Gitzo G-Lock, maintaining the same outstanding locking performances. Thanks to two special seals derived from the automation industry, it minimizes the amount of water and debris that may enter tubes and locking mechanisms. The Ocean-Lock is not 100% waterproof, however it dramatically enhances the capacity of the tripod to withstand extreme environments.
- Anti Leg Rotation
- The Anti Leg Rotation (ALR) system allows the tripod to be opened in less than 15 seconds. Simply loosen all the twist locks on each leg at the same time, then pull the leg down and tighten the locks individually.
- Modular Systematic Tripod
- A flat center disk can be interchanged for center columns, leveling bases, and other components designed for specific applications. A ratchet lever lock makes interchanging components fast and easy, while a new secondary safety catch protects center components and attached camera equipment against accidental damage, even if the center component is inadvertently left unlocked.
- Built-in spiked feet add stability and safety, without sacrificing set-up speed.
- Legs assembled from Gitzo-specific "6x" ultra-strong and super-thin (0.007mm) carbon fiber strands