The Gitzo GT1544T Series 1 Traveler 6x Carbon Fiber Tripod combines compactness and light weight with strength and stability to support up to 17.6 lb. It reaches a maximum height of 55.9" and a minimum height of 13.5". When the center column is removed, and the optional GS1320D adapter disc is used, the tripod can reach just 8.7". The Traveler series tripod features the stability and size of a Mountaineer Series 1 tripod, to serve the high-end photographer, bird watcher, or videographer who needs an easily portable support with no compromise in performance.
The GT1544T is composed of 6x carbon fiber for structural strength and rigidity as it absorbs vibration. The redesigned G-Lock leg-locking mechanism also contributes to the tripod's rigidity, achieving a 20% increase over previous-generation technology. Moreover, as the tripod's load approaches its 17.6 lb maximum, the locking mechanism increases in strength.
- The locking mechanism has been completely redesigned in order to achieve a 20% increase in rigidity, faster operation, and stronger, safer locking. G-Lock's special design also provides a 'gravity lock' effect: the higher the load applied vertically to the leg, the stronger the lock.
- Rapid Center Column
- The center-column's locking collar above the tripod chassis makes it easier to adjust the column quickly. A grooved design prevents rotation of the column and improves system stability.
- Reversible Center Column
- The rapid column can easily be inverted for an alternative shooting angle or low level macro work.
- Ballast Hook
- This built-in accessory allows you to hang a stabilizing weight (e.g. a full camera bag or a sand/water bag) from the bottom of the tripod center column. Useful with long, heavy lenses, on uneven ground, or in windy conditions.
- Anti Leg Rotation
- A redesigned Anti Leg Rotation system allows you to quickly open the tripod. Simply loosen all the twist locks on each leg at the same time, then pull the leg down and tighten the locks individually.