The MX279H 27" Widescreen LED Backlit LCD Monitor from ASUS is a Full HD IPS display featuring a 1920 x 1080 resolution along with an ASUS Smart Contrast Ratio of 80,000,000:1. The IPS or In Plane Switching technology found within this monitor provides improved color accuracy from nearly all viewing angles, the ability to process high speed signals without data loss and clearer images via an enhanced response time. Along with an enhanced viewing experience, you also benefit from two integrated 3 watt stereo speakers.
The MX279 also comes with Splendid Video Technology offering a variety of viewing modes. Take advantage of six preset modes including sRGB, Scenery, Theater, Standard, Night View, and Game mode. Along with the preset modes, the MX279 includes three skin-tone selection modes, four color temperature modes, and one QuickFit mode all to ensure you can customize this monitor to suit your needs.
- Ergonomic Profile
- The ASUS MX279H display measures just 17.5mm at its thinnest point. In addition, this MX series monitor also presents an edge-to-edge frameless screen with a bezel thickness of 0.8mm.
- IPS Technology with 178° Viewing Angles
- The M279H features a 16:9 aspect ratio LED-backlit AH-IPS A+ panel with a 178° wide-view angle that minimizes color shift on both horizontal and vertical planes.
- Reduced Ghosting with Improved Response Time
- Tracer Free Technology improves the response time of ASUS monitors, eliminating ghosting and tracers during video playback. It does this by controlling the voltage levels, resulting in a 5ms response time. As a result, the MX279H provides fluid and clear video playback.
- QuickFit Virtual Scale
- ASUS includes the QuickFit Virtual Scale feature with the MX279H, allowing you to preview photos and documents on-screen in their actual size prior to printing. It can be activated via a monitor hotkey, and serves as a highly useful guide to accurately view and edit photos in their native size.
- Enhanced Audio
- The MX279H features ASUS SonicMaster technology combining advanced hardware and software to refine every acoustic detail in improved true-to-life surround sound reproducing richer more distinct vocals at a wider frequency range and louder volumes.
- Smoother Output with Bigger Speakers
- The MX279 display features 32mm diameter speakers for greater and smoother sound impact with better bass performance. It also offers a resonance chamber of 100cc. The built-in amplifier powers speaker sound reproduction for better performance while using 5W amplifiers per channel along with embedding large rare earth magnets to generate more powerful sound.
- Audio by Bang & Olufsen ICEpower
- Bang & Olufsen ICEpower technology on MX279H has been developed specifically for compact media products to create improved sound even in confined spaces. With this screen's embedded Class D MobileSound 3 technology you benefit from improved energy efficiency, converting up to 92% of power input to useful audio output.
- Dual HDMI
- The MX279H supports Full HD 1920 x 1080 resolution and has dual HDMI and D-sub input ports to ensure compatibility with a variety of multimedia devices including Blu-ray disc players, game consoles, and digital cameras.