The EOS Rebel SL1 DSLR Camera (Body Only) from Canon is a lightweight APS-C format digital SLR camera with an 18MP CMOS sensor and the DIGIC 5 image processor. It provides sharp details, accurate colors and low-noise imaging in compact form factor with an easy to use interface. A 9-point autofocus system provides fast focusing when shooting with the viewfinder and Hybrid CMOS AF II increases autofocus speed and accuracy when shooting in Live View. The Rebel SL1 can continuously shoot up to 4 fps, and its wide ISO range of 100-12800 (expandable to 25600) allows for confident shooting in bright and low light situations.
A 3.0" Clear View II Touchscreen LCD with 1,040k-dot resolution provides composition and playback viewing. Its intuitive touchscreen operation includes multi-touch operation with direct access to functions for settings changes and Touch Autofocus. Smudge-resistant coating keeps the monitor clear, even in bright sunlight. An optical viewfinder with 0.87x magnification is also available for stable eye-level composition.
Full HD 1080p at 30 fps and 24 fps is supported with Movie Servo for continuous autofocus during shooting. Manual exposure is provided in video mode and 60 fps is possible when shooting at 720p HD. A built-in mono microphone with manual audio level adjustment is provided, and Video Snapshot with editing is supported.
Scene Intelligent Auto Mode automatically makes the optimal camera adjustments based on scene recognition, and improved scene detection is particularly helpful when shooting night scenes. Advanced imaging features such as Effect Shot mode and background Simulation are available and Creative Filters add expressive touches to your images and can even be viewed in real time during Live View shooting. Special Scene Modes including Kids, Food and Candlelight let you set the type of shot you want and have the camera do the rest.
The EOS Rebel SL1 utilizes SD/SDHC/SDXC memory cards including Ultra High Speed UHS-I cards and is compatible with the full line of Canon EF and EF-S lenses.
- 18MP CMOS Sensor and DIGIC 5 Image Processor
- High resolution, low-noise imaging and fast performance speed, including 4 fps continuous shooting, is provided by the combination of the Canon DIGIC 5 Image Processor and 18MP CMOS sensor.
- 3.0" Clear View II Touchscreen LCD Monitor
- A 3.0" Clear View II Touchscreen LCD monitor with 1,040k-dot resolution provides clear composition and playback viewing even in bright light. Its smudge-resistant coating keeps the monitor clear. The touchscreen features multi-touch operation with direct access to functions for setting changes and provides Touch Autofocus. Seven brightness levels are available for better viewing depending on lighting conditions.
- Full HD 1080 Video Capture
- Full HD Movie mode supports Movie Servo for continuous focus tracking of moving subjects during recording. When shooting video with one of Canon's STM lenses, Movie Servo AF takes advantage of the lens' stepping motor (STM) for smooth and quiet continuous autofocus. Manual exposure settings provide complete control over your shooting, and multiple frame rates and resolutions provide quality-level and stylistic shooting options. The ISO range in Video mode is 100-6400, and is expandable to 12800. Stills can be recorded during video shooting simply by pressing the camera's shutter button. The in-camera microphone records in mono however an external stereo microphone jack is also available.
- Compact Form Factor
- The Rebel SL1 is a particularly compact and lightweight DSLR, weighing approximately 13 oz.
- 9-point Autofocus System
- A 9-point AF system (including a high-precision dual-cross center point) provides fast and accurate autofocus performance when shooting with the viewfinder. The Center AF point is AF cross-type at f/5.6, Center AF point is vertical line-sensitive at f/2.8.
- Hybrid CMOS AF II
- The Hybrid CMOS AF System is utilized when shooting photos and video in Live View. Combining two different kinds of AF-phase and contrast detection-continuous focus tracking becomes faster and more accurate than ever before in Live View. Hybrid CMOS AF II boasts an increased AF area (compared to Hybrid CMOS AF) that covers approximately 80% of the sensor for easier composition.
- ISO Range
- An ISO Range of 100-12800 (expandable to 25600) provides low-noise capture in low light situations and saturated colors in bright conditions.
- Continuous Shooting
- The Rebel SL1 offers continuous shooting rates of 4 fps for up to 7 consecutive RAW files or 28 full resolution JPEG files.
- Video Snapshot
- With the Video Snapshot feature, the SL1 captures short video clips (of 2, 4 or 8 seconds) and combines them automatically into one video file as a snapshot or highlights album. With no editing needed after shooting, the compiled video is perfect for sharing online or displaying directly on an HDTV via the camera's HDMI port.
- Optical Viewfinder
- The SL1 features an Optical Viewfinder with 0.87x magnification. Shooting with the optical viewfinder ensures steadier images and is effective when shooting in bright conditions when shooting rapidly. The viewfinder displays exposure, AF, flash, plus other relevant image information right along with the image. Depth Of Field Preview is supported and enabled by pushing the depth-of-field preview button.
- Scene Intelligent Auto
- Scene Intelligent Auto Mode automatically delivers optimally adjusted photos and offers improved scene detection for better results when shooting at night.
- Special Scene Modes
- Special Scene Modes including Kids, Food and Candlelight give you advanced presets to ensure the best possible photos under difficult shooting conditions.
- Creative Filters
- Creative Filters add expressive touches to your images, and can be seen in real time when shooting in Live View. Seven different creative filters are available: Art Bold Effect, Water Painting Effect, Miniature Effect, Fisheye Effect, Grainy B/W, Soft Focus and Toy Camera Effect. Each effect can be applied in three different levels (low, standard and strong). Miniature Effect is also available in Movie mode.
- Effect Shot Mode and Background Simulation
- The Effect Shot feature automatically captures two shots simultaneously: one without effect, and one with a Picture Style or Creative Filter effect. This makes it easy to see how each effect changes the photo without compromising the original image. Effect Shot mode is available in both Live View and viewfinder shooting, and can be viewed immediately in playback mode. Background Simulation, which makes it easy for beginners to achieve dramatic blurred or sharpened backgrounds. The image is previewed on the LCD screen so you can see in advance how the final image will look.
- Lens Compatibility
- The Canon Rebel SL1 is compatible with all EF and EF-S lenses.
- Lens Aberration Correction
- The SL1 features lens correction tools that compensate for specific lens characteristics that can affect image quality. Peripheral Illumination Correction adjusts light falloff in the corner of an image based on the type of lens being used. It has correction data for a number of popular lenses stored in its memory. With the chromatic aberration correction tool distracting color fringing can be corrected at the time of shooting.
- JPEG Resizing and In-camera Cropping
- For images easier to email, the SL1 can resize JPEG files in-camera, while leaving the original image untouched. And because the SL1 creates large 18MP images, in-camera cropping creates files large enough for direct printing or other purposes. You can choose vertical or horizontal images, and 3:2, 4:3, 16:9, even 1:1 aspect ratios.
- Photobook Set-up
- Photobook Set-up feature allows you to share you images in book form. Users can easily choose specific images, images in a folder and even all images, then specify their sequence and layout. The results can be printed in book form with ease.
- Optional GPS Compatibility
- With the optional GPS Receiver GP-E2 attached to the hot shoe or the digital terminal, the SL1 can record location, including latitude, longitude and altitude, and has the ability to track the trajectory of movement with its logging function. An electronic compass records the camera's orientation during each shot, and world time information is recorded through GPS syncing.
- Supported Languages
- English, German, French, Dutch, Danish, Portuguese, Finnish, Italian, Norwegian, Swedish, Spanish, Greek, Russian, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Romanian, Ukrainian, Turkish, Arabic, Thai, Simplified/Traditional Chinese, Korean, Japanese