The Scarlett 6i6 USB 2.0 Audio Interface from Focusrite features 6 inputs and 6 outputs, including 2 front-panel microphone preamps on XLR/TRS combo inputs that can also be used as line level and Hi-Z instrument inputs. The 6i6 is compatible with Mac, PC and iPad - requires an Apple Camera Connection Kit, sold separately.
The Scarlett 6i6 is capable of resolutions up to 24-bit/96kHz and features a wide range of connectivity. Its 2 front panel microphone inputs can provide up to 60dB of gain and have switchable Phantom power. The rear panel has 2 additional 1/4" TRS line inputs as well as a stereo S/PDIF input. The 6i6 also provides MIDI input and output jacks.
The Scarlett 6i6 has 4 line outputs on 1/4" TRS jacks, a stereo S/PDIF output, and two independent headphone outputs. It is housed in a rugged and compact unibody metal case to withstand constant use.
The Focusrite Red 2 and Red 3 Plug-In Suite (AAX, Audio Units, VST) delivers accurately modeled plug-ins based on the classic Focusrite Red 2 EQ and Red 3 Compressor hardware. The plug-ins allow for conveniently exploring the sound of the hardware originals from within Pro Tools (10 and above), along with other audio software. The software is a free download for new and current owners of the Scarlett 6i6.
- Gain Halos
- Unique LED ring "gain halo" indicators make it clear when you have adequate signal for recording. Once the halos are green you have a good level; if they turn red, you've applied too much gain.
- Scarlett MixControl
- Scarlet MixControl provides a 6 x 6 DSP mixer with flexible routing capabilities, intuitive one-click presets and lower than 1.4mS latency.
- Monitor Control
- A large main monitor volume knob keeps monitor levels at your fingertips.
- Software Bundle
- Scarlett 6i6 comes with Ableton Live Lite, the Scarlett Plug-in Suite, the Novation Bass Station soft synth and Loopmasters sample content.
- Focusrite Red Plug-In Suite
- Focusrite Red 2 and Red 3 Plug-In Suite (AAX, Audio Units, VST) delivers accurately modeled plug-ins based on the classic Focusrite Red 2 EQ and Red 3 Compressor hardware