The Sony HVR-HD1000U is an HDV camcorder specifically designed for videographers looking for an affordable shoulder-mounted camera. Ideal for event work and wedding videography, the camera is equipped with a ClearVid CMOS sensor, capable of recording 1080i high definition footage on a standard MiniDV tape. Additionally, the HVR-HD1000U comes fitted with a 10x Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar lens with Super SteadyShotTM image stabilization, ensuring operators get the perfect shot every time. These features make the HVR-HD1000U a welcome addition to the already proven line of Sony professional HDV products.
- Professional Shoulder-Mounted Design
- To meet the widening demand of event videography such as weddings and concerts, the HVR-HD1000U comes in a shoulder-mounted design, without carrying the large price tag of traditional ENG cameras. The utilitarian benefit of this style camcorder is met equally by its professional appearance on the job.
- Super SteadyShot Image Stabilization
- The HVR-HD1000U comes fitted with a highly sophisticated optical stabilization system, making sure users get glass smooth shots even in less-than-ideal situations.
- High Definition on MiniDV Tapes with HDV
- The HDV format, used in the HVR-HD1000U allows high definition recording on standard MiniDV tapes. This is accomplished by using the very popular MPEG-2 compression technique used in many applications, including DVDs and satellite television.
- ClearVID CMOS Technology
- Sony's ClearVID sensor is positioned at a 45° angle. Since each pixel is positioned at this angle the result is far clearer diagonal lines. Images will appear crisper, without the apparent "jaggies" that often plague video signals.