The silver HD Pentax DA 35mm f/2.8 Macro Limited Lens from Pentax is a prime normal-length lens providing a 35mm-equivalent focal length of 53.5mm. Its macro designation enables a 1:1 magnification ratio for creating life-size imagery as close as 5.5" away. A high-grade multi-layer HD coating has been applied to lens elements to help minimize flare and ghosting for enhanced contrast, clarity, and color fidelity and a nine-blade diaphragm contributes to an aesthetic out-of-focus quality to benefit shallow depth of field imagery. Additionally, an SP Protect coating has also been applied to the front lens element to effectively protect it from dirt, oil, and finger prints.
The compact form-factor of this lens integrates Pentax's Quick-Shift Focus System, which allows manual focus control over the lens at any time, even in AF mode, for precise handling over the focal plane.
- Prime normal-length lens provides a 35mm-equivalent focal length of 53.5mm, covering a natural perspective that is well-suited to everyday applications.
- Macro 1:1 magnification ratio enables life-size imaging from a minimum focusing distance of 5.5".
- High-grade multi-layer HD coating minimizes lens flare and ghosting to enhance contrast and color neutrality.
- Quick-Shift Focus System enables manual focus control at all times for precise handling that is well-suited to selective focus imagery.
- Super Protect coating helps to protect the front lens element from dirt and finger marks.
- Built-in pull-out type lens hood helps to protect the front lens element from stray light as well as scratching or accidental drops.