The Pentax AF540FGZ II Flash is an on-camera flash that is compatible with Pentax DSLR cameras. The AF540FGZ II has a guide number of 177' at ISO 100 and an effective range of 2.6 to 26.2'. Additionally, it features an all weather construction with 28 seals that pairs with Pentax weather-resistant cameras for safe operation in all conditions.
This flash features wireless functionality with access to 4 channels. It utilizes an optical pulse to transmit information and for triggering additional flash units up to 13.1' away. The AF540FGZ II can be set as a master, control, or slave unit and is able to use both manual and P-TTL while in wireless mode.
Full manual and automatic P-TTL controls are available on this flash. Full manual mode features nine steps of adjustment from full 1/1 power to 1/256 power. While in P-TTL mode, flash output compensation can be applied from -4 to +2 stops in either 1/3 or 1/2-step increments.
Additional creative control modes allow for specific effects to be created using the flash. For example, high-speed sync allows you to use faster shutter speeds than the camera's rated flash sync speed. Also, the LED light can be used as a continuous light source for video and long exposures.
Included with the AF540FGZ II are the O-AC141 Case for storage and a stand for setting up the flash off-camera.
- Creative control modes include first-curtain sync, second-curtain sync, high-speed sync, and contrast control
Rotates from 180° right to 135° left with a lock at 0° and click stops
Right: 180°, 150°, 120°, 90°, 60°, and 30°
Left: 135°, 90°, 60°, and 30°
- Tilts from +90° to -10° with stops at +90°, +75°, +60°, 45°, 30°, 0°, and -10°
- Recycle time: NiMH/3 sec - Alkaline & Lithium/5 sec
- Flash head automatically controls zoom from 24mm-85mm (full-frame) with compatible cameras and autofocus lenses
- Wide-angle panel pulls out of flash head to expand coverage to a 20mm angle of view in full-frame format
- Multi-flash mode for up to 100 flashes
- AF-assist beam for focusing under low light or low-contrast conditions
- Daylight balanced flash for use outside without the need for gels or filters
- Auto power off after 3 minutes of non-operation or after 1 hour while in wireless mode
- LCD panel is backlit for use in poor lighting conditions
- Runs on 4 alkaline, lithium, or Ni-MH AA batteries