This item is controlled on the U.S. Commerce Control List set forth in the Export Administration Regulations or the U.S. Munitions List set forth in the International Traffic in Arms Regulations, and may require a license or other authorization from the U.S. Government to be exported from the United States. Without limitation, parties purchasing from B&H are solely responsible for determining applicable export licensing requirements and for obtaining any licenses or other authorizations from the appropriate agencies of the U.S. Government that are necessary for exporting the item, such as the U.S. Department of Commerce or the U.S. Department of State.
The GoPro HERO3+ Black Edition Camera is 20% smaller and lighter than its predecessor, the HERO3. It also features faster built-in Wi-Fi than the HERO3. The HERO3+ is designed for recording a variety of adventure sports and it comes with a rugged housing that is waterproof down to a depth of 131' (40m). The camera captures 4K Cinema, 2.7K Cinema, 1440p and Full HD 1080p video. It can shoot 960p and 720p video as well. The camera supports both NTSC and PAL video systems, and it can record up to 120 frames per second (fps) when shooting in 720p mode. For still images, the HERO3+ supports up to 12MP photos with a burst rate of up to 30 fps.
The HERO3+ includes the GoPro Wi-Fi Remote and it's compatible with the optional LCD Touch BacPac and Battery BacPac (both sold separately). The Wi-Fi Remote has a range of up to 600' (180m). Plus, it's waterproof down to 10' (3m) and it can control up to 50 cameras at a time. The HERO3+ camera features an ultra wide angle glass lens, a low-light image sensor and a microSD card slot that accepts up to 64GB cards. There's a built-in mono microphone and a port for optional accessories including the 3.5mm Stereo Mic Adapter and Composite A/V Adapter, which are both sold separately.
To ensure you get the best shot possible, the HERO3+ is equipped with advanced capture settings including Looping Video, Continuous Photo, White Balance and Protune mode. Plus, it supports panorama SuperView wide angle photo capture and time-lapse recording. The HERO3+ also works with the improved GoPro Studio 2.0 software, which allows you to easily create professional-quality videos with your GoPro content. The camera's other features include Auto Low Light mode and a rechargeable lithium-ion battery, which lasts 30% longer than the HERO3 battery.
- Small & Lightweight
- The HERO3+ Black Edition is 20% smaller and lighter than the previous model, making it ultra-mountable, wearable and versatile. It is still possible, however, to use the HERO3+ in HERO3 housings and frames in case you want to use an accessory that specifically requires the HERO3 housing or HERO3 Skeleton Frame.
- Professional Video Quality
- High-resolution, high-frame rate 1440p48, 1080p60, 960p100 and 720p120 video modes result in professional quality footage and allow for liquid-smooth slow motion playback. Plus, 4Kp15 and 2.7Kp30 enable ultra high-resolution, cinema quality capture.
- Powerful Photo Capture
- The HERO3+ Black Edition captures 12MP stills at up to 30 frames per second - perfect for fast-action sequences. Time Lapse mode enables automatic photo capture at 0.5, 1, 2, 5, 10, 30 or 60 sec intervals. Continuous Photo shoots full-resolution stills at a steady 3, 5 or 10 fps when holding down the shutter button. You can even record video and capture Time Lapse photos at the same time.
- SuperView Video Mode
- SuperView Video mode allows you to capture footage with an immersive wide angle perspective. You'll be able to capture more of yourself and your surroundings in the shot, which will result in captivating and engaging footage. SuperView provides full widescreen playback as well. The twp SuperView settings include 1080p SuperView and 720p SuperView.
- Auto Low Light Mode
- Auto Low Light mode intelligently changes frame rates based on lighting conditions for enhanced low-light performance.
- Sharper Images with Less Distortion
- Enjoy crisper, clearer footage with reduced distortion. The HERO3+ Black Edition provides a 33% increase in image sharpness thanks to its sharper lens and 2x reduction in imaging artifacts.
- Improved Audio
- Sound quality is as important as image quality. The HERO3+ Black Edition features upgraded audio performance, capturing even the most subtle of sounds - whether you're recording voices, music, engine noise, etc. Advanced wind-noise reduction technology also keeps the audio clearer during high-speed activities.
- 30% Longer Battery Life
- Featuring a 30% increase in battery life, you can go longer and capture more with the HERO3+ Black Edition.
- Control, View & Share 4x Faster
- With 4x faster Wi-Fi connectivity to the GoPro App, you can preview content in near real-time and share your photos and videos quicker than ever. The GoPro App makes it easy to control your camera remotely with a smartphone or tablet. Plus, you can preview, playback and share your favorite shots via email, text, Facebook, Instagram and more. You'll also be able to enjoy enhanced connectivity to the included Wi-Fi Remote, which enables control of up to 50 cameras from distances of up to 600' (180m).
- Protune Mode
- Protune is an advanced video mode that yields stunning image quality and cinema-caliber video optimized for professional productions, giving content creators more flexibility and workflow efficiency. Protune allows you to capture images with less compression for professional productions. It also features a neutral color profile that offers more flexibility during post-production color correction. Protune's log curve captures more detail in shadows and highlights. With Protune you'll also be able to record video in cinema-quality at 24 fps, allowing you to easily intercut GoPro content with other source media without the need to perform fps conversion.
- White Balance Mode
- White Balance mode adjusts video and photo color tones to match different lighting conditions. The settings include: Auto, 3000K for use in warm light (incandescent, sunrise/sunset), 5500K for use in slightly cool light (cool fluorescent, average daylight) and 6500K for use in cool light (overcast conditions).
- Spot Meter
- Spot Meter is ideal for filming within a dark space with the camera pointed towards a brighter setting, such as filming outdoors from within a car.
- Looping Video
- Looping Video records a continuous video loop that overwrites itself until you press the shutter button to stop it. It's ideal for saving space on your memory card while waiting to catch a moment of action.
- One Button
- Upon powering on, the camera automatically begins recording video or capturing Time Lapse photos thanks to the One Button feature.