The LG 55LA9650 is a 55" IPS LED television that has a native 4K resolution of 3840 x 2160 and built-in streaming services. With the LG Tru-Ultra HD video processing engine, lower resolution sources are scaled to 4K resolution. This TV also incorporates TruMotion 240Hz technology, which reduces distortion on fast-moving images. As a Smart TV, this model features built-in Wi-Fi, so you can stream music and video content from LG's app-based web-interface.
This 4K television comes with 4 pairs of 3D glasses and can convert content back and forth between 2D and 3D. This TV also comes with a motion detecting remote control, which simplifies navigation and web-browsing. For connecting multiple high-definition sources, this TV is equipped with 1 component video input and 3 HDMI inputs. This TV has two built-in speakers and a subwoofer for a combined 34 watts of audio power, but you do have the option of utilizing the TV's optical output for connecting to higher power audio system. This television is also energy star compliant and is designed to keep power consumption to a minimum.
- Tru-Ultra HD Engine
- LG's Tru-Ultra HD Engine up-scales lower resolution content through a 4-step process that is designed to enhance the details of broadcasts, movies, sports and games, bringing these sources to 4K resolution.
- LG Smart TV
- LG's Home Dashboard 3.0 gives you access to premium video and music streaming content. There's also a web browser for navigating and viewing full-screen web pages. LG's App Store gives you access to LG's Cloud and Smart Share services, which works with DLNA for streaming pictures, music, and videos from computers to your television. You can also control the LG TV from your smart phone by downloading an app from the App Store of your mobile device.
- LG Cinema 3D
- The LG 55LA9650 is a passive 3D television, which means that batteries are not required when using the included 4 pairs of 3D glasses. LG Cinema 3D can switch content back and forth between 2D and 3D, with 20 levels of control for 3D viewpoint and depth. This TV also supports 3D dual play gaming when used with dual play glasses.
- LED Plus Technology
- LED plus technology uses local dimming, which automatically enhances brightness for image contrast and depth. This helps to improve black-levels and shadow details.
Network: The LG 55LA9650 features DLNA and Wi-Fi Direct for easy connection and wireless content streaming like pictures and music directly to your television from other DLNA and Wi-Fi Direct devices. This TV is Windows 8 certified, so home sharing can be set up from your Windows control panel. Intel Wireless Display (WiDi) is also on-board which allows you to wirelessly mirror the display of your (WiDi) enabled smartphone or computer to your television. Near Field Communication (NFC) is another way this LG TV allows you to wirelessly share content between your TV and portable devices. Three USB 3.0 connections are also provided for photo viewing and media playback. Skype subscribers can also connect a webcam to one of the television's USB interfaces for Skype video conferencing.
Video: The LG 55LA9650 features 3 HDMI inputs and one composite and component video input. One of its HDMI inputs supports Mobile HD Link (MHL), which allows you to connect a mini HD cable to your smartphone or tablet for HD display on your television. The LG 55LA9650 also incorporates SIMPLINK (HDMI CEC), which allows the TV to control other HD enabled devices with a single HDMI connection.
- LG Picture Wizard
- LG Picture Wizard simplifies picture calibration. Once accessed via the settings menu, the picture wizard takes you through a diagram based interface that allows you to select the best picture optimizations for your viewing environment.