This 1TB My Passport Slim Portable HDD from Western Digital is a bus-powered portable storage solution. Plug this drive into a compatible USB 3.0 port to transfer your data at speeds up to 5Gb/s. The integrated USB 3.0 port is backwards compatible with USB 2.0 ports allowing for data transfer rates up to 480Mb/s. Link your Passport HDD drive to a Dropbox account for additional cloud based storage and backup options. This drive comes preformatted for operation with Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows XP and Windows Vista operating systems and can be reformatted to work with computers running Mac OS X operating systems.
- Local and Cloud Backup
WD SmartWare Pro automatic backup software lets you choose when and where you back up your files.
• Choose scheduled backup to make a second copy of your files on the schedule that fits your needs.
• Choose automatic, continuous backup and back up files as they are added or changed and saved.
• Use your Dropbox account to back up your files to the cloud.
Please note Dropbox account is required for cloud backup. Cloud services may be changed, terminated or interrupted at any time and may vary by country.
- Ultra-Fast Transfer Rates
- When connected to a USB 3.0 port, My Passport Slim lets you access and save files with enhanced data transfer speeds greatly reducing transfer rates when compared to USB 2.0.
- Universal Connectivity
- With this drive you get compatibility with the latest USB 3.0 devices and backward compatibility with USB 2.0 devices.
- Works Great with Windows 8
- WD's Windows 8 app makes it easy to discover the digital media stored on your My Passport Slim drive with your Windows 8 computer. Your content is automatically displayed and organized so you can easily locate and enjoy your photos, videos and music.
- Secure Your Files
- WD Security allows you to set password protection and hardware encryption for your drive to help protect your files from unauthorized use or access.
- WD Drive Utilities Software
- Register your drive, set the drive timer, run diagnostics and more using WD Drive Utilities.
- Soft Pouch Included
- The included soft pouch helps protect your drive from scratches.
- Powered directly from the USB port on your PC. No separate power supply is needed.