The Ghost-S Action Camera supports Full HD 1080p, HD 960p, HD 720p and SD WVGA resolution video, as well as high-resolution 12-megapixel still image capture. Ideal for the casual user or prosumer, the Ghost-S is a feature-packed action camera with an easy-to-use interface. The Ghost-S improves upon its predecessor by adding 60 fps recording at 1080p, a Clone Mode for syncing and controlling up to four Ghost-S cameras from one master camera, a slow shutter mode for improved low-light performance, and an impressive 3.5 hour battery life.
The camera is equipped with Wi-Fi for communicating with smartphones via the free Drift Mobile App. You can use the Wi-Fi connectivity to preview and line up shots remotely, snap photos, and playback footage directly through your mobile device. You can also transfer video footage to your smartphone or tablet for immediate uploading to the Web including YouTube and other social media sites.
The Drift Ghost-S features a wearable two-way remote control that can be mounted to your wrist. The remote is equipped with two LED indicators that clearly communicate which mode (video, photo, time-lapse or photo-burst) the camera is set to. You can use the remote to turn the camera on and off, start/stop recordings, change function modes and more. The remote has a range of up to 30-feet.
Supporting Drift's unique Video Tag/Loop function, the Ghost-S lets you save a recorded event up to five minutes after you've shot the footage. The footage is recorded in a continuous loop style and the clip is stored on the camera's memory, but it isn't saved until you actually "tag" it. The HD Ghost also has a large 2" LCD screen with a durable and scratch-resistant Corning Gorilla Glass coating. The LCD screen allows for easy shot composition, playback, and menu navigation.
The camera is waterproof at depths down to 9 feet without the need for an additional underwater housing. The camera provides a 3.5mm microphone input for connecting an external mic, micro HDMI output, and USB 2.0 connectivity for charging the lithium-ion battery and transferring footage to your computer. Other features include a 300° rotatable lens with a 160° viewing angle for wide, distortion-free photos and videos. Included with the camera is the two-way remote control, rechargeable 1700mAh battery, 3.5mm microphone extension cable, and a USB cable. It also comes with curved and flat surface mounts, a goggle mount, universal clip, rear connector hatch, and a touch-tab fastener strap.
- 1080p 60 fps Video
- The Ghost-S offers a variety of video resolutions including 1080p, 960p, 720p, and WVGA video. 1080p video can be recorded at frames rates up to 60 fps, and 720p can be recorded at up to 120 fps for super-slow-motion playback. 240 fps is available when shooting in SD WVGA resolution.
- Drift Active Status Two-Way Remote with LED Lights
- The Ghost-S features a wearable on/off remote control with LEDs and wrist strap. The strategically placed LEDs on the remote instantly communicate the mode currently in use, displaying a color-coded system indicating Video, Photo, Timelapse or Photoburst modes. The remote also streamlines functionality by allowing users to take photos and change function modes from up to 32.8' away, as well as to start and stop recording. This saves precious memory space and battery life.
- Clone Mode
- The Clone Mode allows you to synchronize and control up to four cameras through one master camera. This lets you replicate the master camera's settings across all the cameras, and sync start/stop recording for easier editing of multiple-angle shoots.
- Drift Flashback Video Tag/Loop
- Action sports enthusiasts can save a recorded event up to five minutes after it happens while in Video Tag/Loop mode, which records footage in a continuous loop style. The video clip is stored in the camera's memory, and will save the clip only if the user chooses to "tag" it.
- Built-In 2" LCD Screen with Gorilla Glass
- The screen allows quick, real-time viewing of camera angles before you even press record. It also supports instant video playback of recorded footage, making it easy to edit, delete and re-live your favorite clips. Plus, the screen is covered with Corning Gorilla Glass to ensure scratch-proof performance even in the most rugged terrain.
- Long Battery Life
- The 1700mAh rechargeable lithium-ion battery provides up to 3.5 hours of recording time per charge.
- Rotatable Lens
- Featuring a seven-element construction and 300° rotatable lens design, the Ghost-S lens captures detailed images, while letting you mount the camera at nearly any angle. The lens features a 170° field of view in all resolutions, as well as a 127° or 90° field of view options when shooting at 1080p.
- Drift DataLink Wi-Fi Enabled & Drift App
- The Ghost-S is Wi-Fi-enabled to communicate instantly with smartphones. Combined with the Drift Mobile App (for both iOS and Android) you can preview and line up a shot remotely from your phone, change camera settings, record video, capture photos and playback clips directly through your iOS or Android mobile device. You can even download content from the camera to your smartphone instantly and share content wirelessly across your favorite social media platforms.
- Advanced Drift Pure Audio Technology
- The microphone features digital and mechanical dynamic modulation technology which offers innovations in digital signal processing and wind-noise reduction to provide clear audio. Standard in all Drift cameras are multiple sensitivity settings and an external 3.5mm microphone connector to further enhance your captured audio.
- Waterproof Camera Design & Optional Waterproof Housing
- The Drift HD Ghost features an improved design allowing the camera to be waterproof right out of the box to a depth of 9'. For deep water enthusiasts, Drift offers an optional waterproof housing that allows you to capture underwater adventures down to a depth of 180'.
- Dash Cam Car DVR Mode
- Use your Ghost-S as a dashboard camera by using its continuous loop-recording mode. When in this mode, simply hit record and to continuously capture video and store it in manageable individual files.
- Adjustable Bit-Rate
- Adjust the H.264 codec's compression rate between normal and high. Use with the latter allowing a greater flow of data storage to preserve more.
- 12-Megapixel still images with 10 fps burst shooting
- Timelapse mode
- Scene modes: Normal, Vivid, and Low-light
- H.264 compression bit-rates are adjustable from Normal to High
- 10x digital zoom
- Three Settings profiles (A, B, C) available
- microSD/SDHC/SDXC memory capacity up to 64GB
- Built-in noise reducing microphone, integrated speaker and 3.5mm mono plug input
- Mini-HDMI connector for HDTV playback
- USB plug-and-play connectivity
- 2.4G remote control radio frequency
- Wi-Fi range: 330' (general functionality), 100' (live streaming)
- 1/4"-20 threaded mounting hole