The black Canon PowerShot N100 Digital Camera is a compact and uniquely-design point-and-shoot featuring a 12.1 Mp High-Sensitivity CMOS sensor and DIGIC 6 image processor to produce high-resolution still imagery and full HD 1080p video. The sensor and processor work together to produce the Canon HS SYSTEM, which helps to improve the low-light shooting capabilities by extending the effective sensitivity levels while also reducing apparent noise for cleaner, clearer imagery. The built-in 5x optical zoom lens provides a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 24-120mm, and is also benefitted by an Optical Image Stabilizer to minimize the appearance of camera shake when working at longer zoom magnifications or with longer shutter speeds.
Revolving around a 90° tilting design, the N100 incorporates a 3.0" 922k-dot capacitive touchscreen that provides an intuitive and efficient means for both viewing and controlling the camera. A secondary rear-facing camera is integrated into the camera's design to enable capturing images of yourself while photographing, which can then be composited into other images for a unique picture-in-picture effect.
Complementing the imaging traits of the camera is built-in Wi-Fi connectivity, which allows for the instant sharing of photos and videos to linked mobile devices, home computers, or directly to select social networking sites. Connection is simplified through the implementation of NFC technology, as well as a dedicated Mobile Device Connect Button to streamline the sharing process. Once linked, mobile devices can also be used to control and release the camera's shutter.
- 12.1 Mp CMOS Sensor and DIGIC 6 Image Processor
- A 12.1 Mp High-Sensitivity CMOS sensor provides high image quality that, when paired with the DIGIC 6 image processor, exhibits notable low-light sensitivity to ISO 6400. The sensor and processor work together to create Canon's HS SYSTEM, which is able to produce clear, rich imagery in dimly-lit situations with minimal noise and high detail. Also benefitting working in difficult lighting conditions, the DIGIC 6 processor enables electronic Dynamic IS image stabilization, which compensates for angular, shift, and motion blur types for sharper imagery.
- 5x Optical Zoom Lens
- The 5x optical zoom lens provides a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 24-120mm, covering wide-angle to telephoto perspectives to suit working in a wide variety of shooting situations. An Optical Image Stabilizer helps to ensure consistently sharp imagery regardless of the focal length and a maximum f/1.8 aperture further complements this camera's low-light shooting capabilities.
- Built-In Wi-Fi Connectivity
Built-in Wi-Fi connectivity enables seamless and instant transferring of photos and videos to mobile devices, home computers, and to select social networking sites. Linking Android devices to the camera is aided through the incorporation of NFC (Near Field Communication), which facilitates connection simply by tapping the two devices. Additionally, a dedicated Mobile Device Connect Button further establishes a simplified means for linking both iOS and Android devices.
When connected, the mobile device can also be used to remotely control and release the camera's shutter from a distance, as well as display a live view image on the linked device's screen.
- Dual Capture Mode
- A secondary rear-facing Story Camera, with a wide-angle 25mm-equivalent lens, is incorporated into the N100's design to capture your expression when shooting and then composites your image, along with one from the front-facing camera, into a unique picture-in-picture effect. The mode is available for both still and video recordings, and the sub-shot configurable in three different sizes and four positions.
- Tilting Design and 3.0" Touchscreen
- A large 3.0" 922k-dot capacitive touchscreen is available for live view monitoring as well as intuitive image review and menu navigation. The screen also features a 90° top-hinged tilting design, which helps to maintain an overall compact camera profile as well as serving to benefit working from high and low angles.
- Full HD 1080p Movie Recording
- Full HD 1920 x 1080p video recording at 30 fps is possible in the Internet-friendly MP4 format or the high-quality iFrame Movie format and is easily accessible through the use of a dedicated movie record button. For sharing and viewing both movies and still images, an HDMI port is available for outputting your imagery to an HDTV.
- Intelligent IS
The N100's low-light shooting ability is further enhanced with the inclusion of Intelligent IS image stabilization, which applies one of eight different settings to best reduce the appearance of camera shake depending on the type of scene in which you are photographing.
- Normal IS corrects for a wide range of common camera movements.
- Panning IS detects deliberate panning movements and does not compensate for lateral movements to permit desired camera movements.
- Macro (Hybrid) IS corrects for shift-type camera shake that commonly occurs when working with close-up subject matter.
- Tripod is a dedicated setting that automatically deactivates IS when the use of a tripod is detected since camera-based stabilization is not needed.
- Dynamic IS is well-suited to recording at wide-angle focal lengths and reduces unwanted shaking that typically occurs when walking while recording.
- Powered IS compensates for hand movements that become more visually discernable when working at the telephoto end of the zoom range.
- Macro (Hybrid) IS minimizes the appearance of shake when walking as well as compensates for shift-type shake that occurs when working with close-up subject matter.
- Active Tripod IS minimizes the slight amount of shake that can happen when recording video while using a tripod.
- Other Camera Features
- Creative Shot mode utilizes an original image's composition, color, and lighting qualities in order to develop five new, unique images with an artistic flair.
- Hybrid Auto mode records quick, short video clips just prior to shooting still imagery and then compiles them together to form a unique highlight reel.
- Story Highlights mode can automatically select and compile imagery into a dynamic 2-minute-long highlight reel within the camera, making for a rich viewing experience without the need of a computer.
- Smart AUTO is an intelligent setting that works to select the proper camera settings based on 32 predefined shooting situations in order to render imagery clearly and consistently.
- Shooting Modes and Special Scene Modes: Smart AUTO, Movie Digest & Hybrid Auto, Program, Dual Capture, Creative Shot, Portrait, Face Self-Timer, Handheld Night Scene, Fisheye Effect, Miniature Effect, Toy Camera Effect, Background Defocus, Soft Focus, Monochrome, Super Vivid, Poster Effect, Snow, Fireworks, Long Shutter, Movie, and iFrame Movie.
- ECO Mode intelligently reduces your power consumption, aiding in producing longer battery life for more shooting.
- Built-in Wi-Fi expedites printing imagery from your camera when using a PictBridge-compatible printer. Or, alternatively, the Direct Print system allows you to print straight from your camera using a USB connection.
- Language support: English, German, French, Dutch, Danish, Finnish, Hebrew, Italian, Norwegian, Swedish, Spanish, Simplified/Traditional Chinese, Japanese, Russian, Portuguese, Korean, Greek, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Turkish, Thai, Arabic, Romanian, Ukrainian, Farsi, Hindi, Malay, Indonesian, and Vietnamese.