This item is controlled on the U.S. Commerce Control List set forth in the Export Administration Regulations or the U.S. Munitions List set forth in the International Traffic in Arms Regulations, and may require a license or other authorization from the U.S. Government to be exported from the United States. Without limitation, parties purchasing from B&H are solely responsible for determining applicable export licensing requirements and for obtaining any licenses or other authorizations from the appropriate agencies of the U.S. Government that are necessary for exporting the item, such as the U.S. Department of Commerce or the U.S. Department of State.
The black GZ-R70 Quad-Proof HD Camcorder from JVC is designed to combine the ruggedness of many of your typical action cameras with features, such as a zoom lens and flip-out LCD, more commonly found on camcorders. To justify being dubbed a "quad-proof" camera, the GZ-R70 boasts a waterproof body that can be safely submerged down to 16.4', an impact resistance rating stating it will survive drops from up to 4.9', the ability to withstand freezing temperatures down to 14°F, and finally an IP58 dustproof rating. Features that distinguish it from an everyday action camera, on the other hand, include a 40x optical zoom lens that supports up to 60x dynamic zoom, a 3" "frameless" flip-out touchscreen LCD display with a 230,000 dot resolution, and a full size SD card slot that can accept SD, SDHC, and SDXC memory cards. The camera records Full HD (1920 x 1080) video, and can take up to 2MP still photos at the same time as recording video.
At the heart of the imaging system on the GZ-R70 is a 1/5.8", 2.5MP CMOS sensor that is back-illuminated to help reduce the space between photosites for better low-light performance. To help allows as much light as possible to pass the lens, the camera features an f/1.8 maximum aperture when the lens is zoomed out to its widest setting.
Once done filming for the day, you can simply remove the card from the camera and place it in a card reader on your computer or even connect the camera directly to your computer via USB. Included with the camera is basic solutions software for Windows. In addition, the 24 Mbp/s AVCHD format the camera records in is supported by many popular editing programs found on both Windows and Apple, including Apple Final Cut X, and later versions of Apple iMove.
- Camera Features
- FALCONBRID image processor
- Konica Minolta HD lens
- Time-lapse recording
- Intelligent AUTO
- Super LoLux low-light mode
- Face Detection
- Auto Wind Cut
- Zoom microphone
- K2 audio restoration technology in record mode
- In-camera editing
- Fixed lens protector
- Silent Mode
- SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card recording and 32GB built-in flash memory
- Up to 10 MP Still Photos
- The camera features a 2.5MP native resolution sensor; in addition, it is possible to shoot still photos up to 10 MP using the camera's FACLONBRID processor to interpolate (up-res) the images
- In Camera Effects
- To add visual enhancements to your movies the camcorder features a number of in-camera effects, including Rough Monochrome, Food Mode, and Baby Mode
- The GZ-R10 features a mini HDMI output as well as an AV output so you can enjoy your home movies right from the camera
- USB Powering and Quick Charge
- Video can be shot while charging to go beyond the internal battery's 4.5 hours. Additionally, by connecting the camera to an external battery or power source for one hour you can gain an extra 1.3 hours of recording time if the portable battery current is over 1.0A
- Included Software
- For Windows users, the camera includes Pixela Everio MediaBrowser 4 solutions software to help you choose the clips you want and transfer them to your computer