The 1TB 840 EVO mSATA Internal Solid State Drive from Samsung is an mSATA solid state drive designed to provide a fast accessible storage solution for a variety of computers including ultra-thin PCs. With a SATA 6 Gb/s interface you benefit from enhanced data transfer speeds while remaining compatible with both SATA 3 Gb/s and SATA 1.5 Gb/s interfaces. This enhanced performance solid state drive offers sequential data read speeds of up to 540 MB/s and sequential data write speeds of up to 520 MB/s.
Along with enhanced performance this reduced size internal solid state drive features reduced power consumption allowing you to get more battery life from your PC when compared to traditional HDDs. Along with reduced power consumption, this drive remains cool under pressure through the use of Samsung's Dynamic Thermal Guard Algorithm that closely monitors the temperature of the SSD. Once installed this drive keeps your data secure with integrated 256-bit AES encryption, HDD password on BIOS, TCG Opal, and IEEE 1667 compliance.
- Boost Productivity
- The 840 EVO mSATA features fast sequential and random read and write speeds to complete tasks quickly. With Samsung's 3-bit MLC NAND, flash memory data is stored more efficiently, increasing both speed and reliability. Multitasking has also been simplified as this drive can operate several tasks simultaneously thus increasing productivity. Samsung's TurboWrite technology dramatically boosts the 840 EVO's sequential write rate while system-level performance is improved, while RAPID mode uses the PC's free DRAM as a cache.
- RAPID Mode
- With Samsung's Magician software you have the option of RAPID mode, enhancing performance by processing data on a system level through the use of free PC memory (DRAM) as a cache. Depending on your PC memory (DRAM), you can expect higher performance and more efficient command processing, which improves with repeated tasking. Boost into a higher gear to vastly improve QD1 random write performance to almost the same level as QD32.
- With Samsung's TurboWrite technology, the 840 EVO can deliver much faster sequential write speeds compared to the previous 840 model. The drive's random read rate for light workloads (QD1) is 10,000 IOPS. Utilizing an enhanced write acceleration algorithm and high performance write buffer you can expect accelerated speeds, greatly improving PC performance.
- Reduce Power Consumption
- The Samsung 840 EVO mSATA drive supports Device Sleep (DEVSLP), letting you stay connected longer and power up faster. Your PC no longer needs to go into standby mode to conserve battery life, nor do you have to wait for it to power back on. 840 EVO features lower idle power consumption compared to HDDs. This is important because PCs spend 80 to 90 percent of their time sitting idle. 840 EVO promotes energy savings and longer battery life, which gives you more time to complete business tasks.
- Keep Your PC Performance Safe from Heat
- With 840 EVO, your PC stays cool, even when you sometimes overwork it. Samsung's Dynamic Thermal Guard Algorithm in 840 EVO's firmware monitors the temperature of the SSD, keeping it at an optimal operating temperature. When the SSD is exposed to hot weather or extreme temperatures, the algorithm controls the SSD's power supply to keep it cool. The throttling feature can drop the SSD's temperature when necessary to protect your data and ensure consistent responsiveness.
- Simple and Easy Tools for a Convenient Upgrade
- Using a SATA-to-USB 3.0 connector included in the laptop upgrade package you can migrate all the data from HDD to the 840 EVO drive quickly and efficiently. The One-stop Install Navigator will guide you smoothly through the whole installation process. The Samsung Data Migration software features a straightforward three-step process with options to help migrate your data in the most optimal way. Conveniently monitor and manage your SSD with the Samsung Magician software also included in the toolkit. Samsung Magician will help you maximize performance with benchmarking, advanced OS optimization, disk health status tracking and over-provisioning settings.
- Protect Important Data
- You can trust the 840 EVO's Self-Encrypting Drive (SED) security technology to safeguard your data. With AES 256-bit hardware-based encryption, you can enjoy enforced data security with a software-based encryption by simply setting HDD password on BIOS, or using TCG Opal IEEE 1667 compliant solutions for more advanced security management.