The Quadro K6000 Graphics Card from HP is a professional computer graphics card for GPU-aware applications that require or benefit from dedicated graphics processing power. It features driver and API support for Windows as well as many Linux distributions.
Alongside the GPU, the K6000 features 12GB of DDR5 RAM and a 384-bit memory interface, which together work to move data to and from the processors as efficiently, and with as little latency, as possible. In addition, 2880 CUDA Cores (stream processors) not only act as general purpose shaders to render display graphics, they also allow the card to perform hundreds of computations simultaneously when interacting with APIs or programs that support parallel processing.
The K6000 can be connected to a variety of display types, including computer monitors, HDTVs, broadcast video monitors, projectors, as well as 4K and 3D displays. It features a dual-link DVI-I (digital and analog) port, a dual-link DVI-D (digital only) port, and two DisplayPort ports with DP 1.2 support. To support professional 3D displays, it features a 3D stereo connector that will provide synchronization for certain types of active 3D glasses.
In addition to driving displays, the card features broad API support including CUDA, OpenCL, DirectX 11.2, Shader Model 5.0, and OpenGL 4.3, allowing it to provide GPU acceleration for a growing number of GPU-aware applications. Applications that benefit from GPU acceleration include video editing, 3D animation, CAD, computer modeling, cryptography, complex mathematical computations, and any other applications involving calculations that GPU architecture is more efficient at processing compared to the CPU. The card can be even used as a standalone parallel processing solution when installed alongside an existing graphics card.
- Nvidia CUDA Technology
- Allows GPU-aware applications with CUDA support to divert computationally-intensive operations such as encoding video, rendering 3D animation, or performing complex floating point calculations to the graphics card. GPU architecture can perform these calculations more efficiently, and doing so frees up the CPU resources for other tasks
- Popular API Support
- Wide API support allowing GPU-aware applications to leverage additional processing power from the card. Compatible APIs and languages include: DirectX 11.2, Shader Model 5.0, OpenGL 4.3, CUDA C, CUDA C++, OpenCL, Java, Python, and Fortran
- 3D Support
- Supports various 3D technologies including Nvidia 3D Vision and 3D Vision Pro. In addition, supports OpenGL quad buffering as well as stereo synchronization (via 3-pin mini-din connector) for driving various professional 3D display systems
- Drive up to Four Displays
- There are two ways that four displays can be connected to the K6000. Either directly using both DVI and both DisplayPort outputs; of through one of two of the DisplayPort outputs and MST technology. MST (Multi-Stream Transport) allows stream for multiple monitors output via a single DisplayPort connection; in this way monitors can be daisy-channel of the signal can be split downstream using an MST hub. Devices that support DP 1.2 or later are required to used the MST feature
- H.264 Encoder
- Exploits GPU hardware to accelerate H.264 encoding for significantly faster-than-real-time transcoding when using compatible GPU-aware video editing or encoding software
- Kepler High-Performance Computing (HPC) Architecture
- New for this version of the card, Kepler architecture distributes the same workload across a greater number of CUDA Cores (shaders). This is designed to provide a more flexible, efficient processing paradigm to further expand its capabilities as a general-purpose parallel processing solution
- Nvidia nView Management Software
Provides IT administrators and professionals with a suite of tools for managing single or multi-display enterprise deployments. Features include:
- An interface allowing you to visualize the entire workspace in one view for efficient workspace management
- Customizable workspace based on various usage models
- Tested compatibility with many industry-leading professional and commercial applications
- Targeted Power Management
- Boost application performance with technology that automatically increases the GPU clock speed while keeping operation within specified power budgets
- Quadro Mosaic Technology
- Designed to enable transparent scaling of the desktop and applications running on a single workstation across up to 16 displays when using four compatible Quadro GPUs working in aggregate
- PCI Express 3.0 x16 Support
- Provides twice the bandwidth of PCI Express 2.0; for example, an x8 PCI Express 3.0 slot has the same bandwidth as a x16 PCI 2.0 slot. In addition, the card remains backward-compatible with motherboards using earlier generations of PCI Express