Not available with current selections
The black Nikon D3200 DSLR Camera is a compact and versatile camera featuring a DX-format 24.2 megapixel CMOS sensor and EXPEED 3 image processor. The sensor and processor combine to realize high-resolution imaging, notable low-light sensitivity to an expandable ISO 12800, continuous shooting to 4 fps, and full HD 1080p video recording capabilities. These imaging assets are complemented by an 11-point autofocus system, which provides quick and accurate focusing capabilities to suit working with a variety of subject types in nearly any lighting situation. A range of shooting modes and features are also available to help creatively accentuating your imagery, including a helpful Guide Mode as well as Picture Control settings for in-camera adjustment of the color and contrast qualities of your photos and movies.
For live view monitoring, image playback, and menu navigation, a large 3.0" 921k-dot LCD monitor is available and features a wide 160° viewing angle to better support working from high and low angles. Also enhancing the viewing and shooting abilities of the D3200, the optional WU-1a Wireless Mobile Adapter can be used to provide Wi-Fi connectivity for wirelessly transferring imagery and remotely controlling the camera from a linked Android or iOS mobile device.
Included with the camera body are two versatile zoom lenses, the AF-S DX Zoom-NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G ED II and the AF-S DX Zoom-NIKKOR 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED, which combine to realize a total 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 27-300mm. Both lenses utilize extra-low dispersion glass to reduce chromatic aberrations and produce sharp, clear imagery. Additionally, both lenses also feature SWM (Silent Wave Motor) AF mechanisms to deliver quick, precise, and quiet focusing performance.
A Nikon shoulder bag is also included to provide protection as well as a means to carry the entire camera kit.
- 24.2MP DX-Format Sensor and EXPEED 3 Processor
- The 24.2 megapixel DX-format CMOS sensor and EXPEED 3 processor work together to produce overall high image quality with notable detail, dynamic range, color accuracy, and low-light sensitivity to a native ISO 6400, which is further expandable to ISO 12800. The EXPEED 3 processor also enables a wealth of speed throughout the camera system, including support for full HD 1080p movie recording and a full-resolution continuous shooting rate of 4 fps.
- Multi-CAM 1000 Autofocus Sensor
- Benefitting the high image quality is an apt AF system that employs 11 distinct AF points to quickly acquire focus in a range of lighting conditions from -1 to +19 EV. Predictive AF tracking is available to maintain focus on moving subjects and Face-Priority AF can also be used when working in live view.
- Full HD Movie Recording
- Full HD 1920 x 1080p movie recording is supported in multiple frame rates up to 30 fps, as well as HD 720p and SD 480p in multiple frame rates, in the MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 format. During recording, full-time autofocus can be employed, with face-detection and subject-tracking capabilities, for ensured sharpness with a wide variety of subject types. A built-in monaural microphone can be used to record high-quality sound or, alternatively, a microphone input is integrated into the body design to support the use of an external microphone for enhanced quality and control over audio recordings.
- Scene Recognition System and Exposure Metering
- The intelligent Scene Recognition System with 3D Color Matrix Metering II utilizes a 420-pixel RGB sensor to evaluate and analyze all aspects within a scene, including brightness, contrast, subject distance, and the scene colors, to quickly determine an accurate exposure and white balance setting to best render the scene at hand. The information gathered is also checked against onboard reference images to ensure consistency from image to image in regard to exposure, white balance, i-TTL flash settings, and subject-tracking AF performance.
- Body Design
The D3200 integrates a large 3.0" 921k-dot LCD monitor, which features a 160° viewing angle to better support viewing capabilities from high and low working angles. Alternatively, a bright pentamirror optical viewfinder is also integrated into the design for precise eye-level viewing and real-time monitoring of subjects.
A built-in pop-up flash is also available for additional illumination when working in low-light conditions and supports Nikon's i-TTL flash metering system. A hot shoe can be used, too, for connection and optional external flash for even greater lighting control.
- AF-S DX Zoom-NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G ED II Lens
- Bundled with the D3200 is the AF-S DX Zoom-NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G ED II; a standard zoom lens providing a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 27-82.5mm. Aspherical and extra-low dispersion elements are integrated into the lens' design to limit chromatic aberrations and distortion in order to realize sharp, clear imagery throughout the zoom range. Additionally, a Silent Wave Motor is also incorporated into the lens to promote fast, quiet, and accurate focusing performance.
- AF-S DX Zoom-NIKKOR 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED Lens
- Also included is the AF-S DX Zoom-NIKKOR 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED lens, which provides a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 82.5-300mm, covering telephoto to super telephoto perspectives. A Silent Wave Motor (SWM) focusing mechanism provides high-speed AF in a precise, smooth, and quiet manner to benefit recording movies. Two extra-low dispersion elements are incorporated within the optical design to minimize chromatic aberrations and improve overall image sharpness. Additionally, a Super Integrated Coating (SIC) has been applied to lens elements to reduce ghosting and flare for enhanced color neutrality and image contrast.
- Other Camera Features
- The optional WU-1a Wireless Mobile Adapter can be used to provide Wi-Fi connectivity for instantly transferring imagery and remotely viewing a live view image from a linked mobile device.
- A helpful Guide Mode is available to aid in becoming acquainted with the D3200 through a series of step-by-step tutorials.
- Picture Control modes can be directly accessed via a dedicated button and allow you to set predefined looks to imagery in-camera, and include Landscape, Monochrome, Neutral, Portrait, Standard, Vivid, and user-customizable settings.
- Active D-Lighting helps to preserve both highlight and shadow details when working in contrast-rich scenarios, such as backlit lighting. Utilizing the EXPEED 3 processor's power, a more controlled image will be produced with brightness values closer to how they are naturally seen. This mode is suitable for working with moving subjects.
- Scene Auto Selector is an automatic mode that intelligently identifies your subject and shooting scenario, selects a proper Scene Mode to apply, and adjusts exposure settings to best render the scene at hand.
- Scene Modes: Auto, Auto (Flash Off), Portrait, Landscape, Child, Sports, Close-up, and Night Portrait.
- In-Camera Image Editing features: Color Balance, Color Outline, Color Sketch, D-Lighting, Distortion Control, Filter Effects, Fisheye, Image Overlay, Miniature Effect, Monochrome, NEF (RAW) Processing, Perspective Control, Quick Retouch, Red-Eye Correction, Resize, Selective Color, Straighten, and Trim.
- Language support: Arabic, Brazilian Portuguese, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, and Ukrainian.