The 4TB My Cloud Mirror External Hard Drive from Western Digital comes with two 2TB hard drives for a total storage capacity of 4TB. This dual bay hard drive allows you to configure the drives in a variety of RAID configurations including RAID 1 (default mode), RAID 0, JBOD, and spanning modes. With the default RAID 1 configuration, otherwise known as mirror mode, all of the data you save to the My Cloud Mirror is backed up automatically to the secondary drive. This configuration ensures that your data is backed up in case the original drive malfunctions or fails.
In addition to data backup, the My Cloud Mirror External Hard Drive comes compatible with a variety of Windows and Mac operating systems. You can even stream data directly to both DLNA and UPnP compatible devices such as game consoles, smart TVs, and more. In addition to streaming data to DLNA and UPnP devices, the My Cloud Mirror allows you to access your data remotely through your mobile device with the WD app available for both iOS and Android devices.
The My Cloud Mirror External Hard Drive comes equipped with a 1.2 GHz processor and 512MB of DDR3 memory ensuring the drive performs smoothly and efficiently. On the back of the drive you will find two USB 3.0 ports to plug the drive into your Mac or Windows PC and a Gigabit Ethernet port to connect this drive to a nearby router.
- Your Own Personal Cloud
- The My Cloud Mirror allows you to keep all of your content in one safe place on your home network instead of a remote server.
- Centralized, Dual Drive Storage
- Store and organize all of your family's photos, videos, music and important documents in one secure place on your home network.
- Access From Anywhere
- Enjoy photos, videos, music, and more from anywhere on your PC, Mac, tablet, or smartphone. With WD's free apps, your personal cloud is always with you.
- Mirrored Data Protection
- With Mirror Mode (RAID 1) as the default setting, one drive is used to store your data and the other is used for a duplicate copy.
- Automatic File Backup for All of Your Computers
- Easily back up the files from all of the PC and Mac computers in your home. PC users, WD SmartWare Pro offers options for how, when and where you back up your files. Mac users, utilize all the features of Apple Time Machine backup software to protect your data.
- Remote Backup
- Protect your data with remote backup to another My Cloud Mirror, integrated cloud backup or local LAN/WAN backup.
- Drive Management and Data Protection
- Use the default Mirror Mode (RAID 1) for twice the protection. Or choose RAID 0, spanning or JBOD modes for maximum capacity.
- Transfer and Stream Faster
- Gigabit Ethernet connectivity and a 1.2 GHz processor deliver faster file transfers and high-speed streaming.
- Unleash Your Media
- Seamlessly stream your videos, photos, and music to your connected TVs, media players, gaming consoles and other DLNA-certified devices. With My Cloud Mirror's iTunes server, you can easily stream your music collection to any PC or Mac computer with iTunes.
- Password Protection for Privacy
- Your data is safe and completely under your control. Protect your personal cloud from unauthorized access with password protection available for every user.
- Set Up In Minutes
- Take advantage of WD's rich web-based user interface for seamless web-guided setup. WD's software will auto-detect your drive to make it easy.