The HV DSLR Camera with 24-70mm f/2.8 Vario-Sonnar T* ZA Lens from Hasselblad is a stylish, durable, full-frame A-mount camera with a 24.3MP Exmor CMOS sensor. It is bundled with a fast and versatile 24-70mm f/2.8 Zeiss lens and includes two rechargeable lithium-ion batteries and a high performance hard case specifically designed for the camera, lens and accessories.
With a fast and accurate TTL phase-detection autofocus system, 14-bit RAW imaging, in-camera SteadyShot image stabilization, 1/8000 maximum shutter speed and 1200-zone evaluative metering system, the HV is a high performance professional DSLR able to take on any assignment put to it. Low light sensitivity is impeccable with an expanded ISO range that runs from 50 to 25,600. And, depending on the memory card used, the maximum continuous shooting speed is 10 fps. The HV offers two memory slots and is compatible with SD, SDHC, SDXC, Memory Stick PRO Duo and Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo memory cards.
Composition and playback are provided by both the electronic viewfinder and rear LCD panel. The 0.5" viewfinder has a 2,359K-dot resolution with 100% frame coverage and 0.71x magnification. It supports diopter adjustment from -4.0 to +3.0. The LCD screen tilts 40º upward, 180º downward and rotates 180º clockwise and 90º counterclockwise for shooting at odd angles with minimal interference from reflections. The LCD offers 1,228K-dot resolution with focus peaking and focus magnifier capabilities.
Full HD 1080p and1080i capture is available with stereo audio, including an external microphone jack. Frame rates of 60 fps and 24 fps are supported in full HD for both the AVCHD and MP4 formats. In addition, the HV features APS-C crop mode and the Sony multi-interface shoe with ADP-MAA shoe adapter for a wide range of compatibility with flashes from Sony and other brands as well as photo and video accessories.
The construction of this attractive camera is unique as it is built out of aluminum alloy with a Physical Vapor Deposition (PVD) coating which is a hardening treatment for the utmost in durability. An oversized titanium dial, ergonomic rubberized grip and easily-accessed button controls add to the camera's functionality and distinctive look.
As an A-mount camera, the HV is compatible with all A-mount Sony and Minolta lenses and is bundled here with the impressive 24-70mm f/2.8 Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* ZA zoom lens from Sony. This is a versatile and well-built lens with focal length coverage from wide-angle to short telephoto and the fast and quiet Super Sonic Wave autofocus motor. Also included in this kit is are two rechargeable lithium-ion batteries for extended shooting times and a dedicated hard travel case made from TTXO1 resin. It features a foam interior and is resistant to dust, water, shock and chemical agents and protects its contents in temperatures from -40 to 176ºF.
- 24.3MP Exmor Full-Frame CMOS Sensor
- The 24.3MP full-frame Exmor CMOS sensor provides a high level of image quality and additional low-light sensitivity benefits. This sensor allows for a native ISO range from 100 to 25600 while effectively reducing noise at higher sensitivities. This combination of sensitivity and reduced noise make this camera ideal for use for action photography indoors or at night.
- Dual Autofocus System
- The autofocus system is able to continuously monitor the image frame and alter the autofocus quickly and responsively due to its translucent mirror technology. Two phase-contrast sensors, a 19-point sensor above the translucent mirror and a 102-point focal plane phase-detection sensor, work together to deliver greatly improved subject tracking performance and increased precision.
- Full HD Video Recording
- Full HD 1080p recording is supported with this camera and also makes use of the high-speed Translucent Mirror Technology for continuous autofocus, even while using Live View to monitor your shooting. The AVCHD format is used and allows recording of 60 frames per second (60p) for outstanding clarity and motion detail. Additionally, the 24p frame rate is supported allowing you to create movies with a more cinematic feel. For even greater control over video recording, P/A/S/M manual shooting modes, selection of ISO from 100 to 6400, and Picture Effects are available. Audio is recorded with two-channel Dolby Digital with Dolby Digital Stereo Creator and an external microphone jack is supported with audio output timing and audio level display.
- 3.0" Tilt LCD
- The rear 3.0" LCD features 1,228,800-dot resolution for sharp, vivid imagery when reviewing images or monitoring your recording while using Live View. The monitor also features Shot Result Preview, for previewing the effects of your camera's settings before the exposure is made. For even greater viewing possibilities while shooting, the screen is able to tilt 40º upward, 180º downward and rotates 180º clockwise and 90º counterclockwise. The range of movements and reflection protection give you a wide variety of possibilities for viewing from difficult angles and lighting conditions. The LCD offers focus peaking and focus magnification for exacting focus confirmation.
- 2,359k-Dot Electronic Viewfinder
- The EVF on the HV is a high resolution finder featuring a 2,359K-dot resolution and a 100% field of view. It delivers a bright, clear image in almost any lighting conditions, including bright sunlight. This finder displays image information regarding exposure settings and modes, and Shot Result Preview allows you to preview the effects of exposure control, white balance modifications, and other creative modes before making an exposure. You can also review photos and video after you've captured it. Diopter adjustment is supported from -4.0 to +3.0.
- Image Stabilization
- This camera features SteadyShot sensor-shift image stabilization within the camera. By reducing camera shake at the camera level you can achieve shake compensation up to 2.5-4.5 stops in shutter speed.
- Multi-Interface Shoe
- Unlike conventional cameras, the HV features the Sony Multi-Interface Shoe with additional electronic contacts that dramatically expands compatibility with accessories, thus raising the potential for photo/movie shooting. An included ADP-MAA shoe adapter maintains compatibility with conventional Sony Alpha accessories as well.
- Up to 10 fps Continuous Shooting
- Full-frame images can be captured at 6 fps with the dual AF system. When using the Tele-zoom Continuous Priority AE mode, up to 10 fps can be recorded. When shooting in RAW mode, up to 13 successive images can be captured.
- 1200-Zone Evaluative Metering
- An advanced evaluative metering sensor with 1200 zones ensures you capture balanced exposures in a wide range of lighting conditions, as well as accurate subject recognition when tracking subjects. Choose between the available Multi segment, Center weighted and Spot metering modes.
- Shutter Speed
- The HV provides an electronically-controlled, vertical-traverse, focal-plane type shutter with a speed range for still images from 1/8000 second to 30 seconds and a bulb shutter option. The shutter speed range for video is 1/8000 to 1/4 sec.
- Multi-Frame Noise Reduction
- The camera shoots continuous multiple images and automatically, combines the images, reduces the noise, and records one image. The image recorded is comprised of one image combined from those taken.
- Aluminum Alloy Body and PVD Coating
- The HV provides a handsome aluminum alloy body that is more resistant to corrosion than magnesium alloy. It features PVD (Physical Vapor Deposition) coating as a specialized hardening treatment for ultra-durability and offers over-sized mode dial, ergonomic controls and grip and a distinctive style.
- Anti-Dust Sensor Cleaning System
- Two levels of internal protection safeguard the image sensor. The first is a coating applied to the surface of the optical low-pass filter. This highly effective anti-dust coating effectively suppresses the attachment of both dry and moist dust particles, simplifying their removal. The second level of protection is an anti-dust vibration mechanism that vibrates the filter at high speed every time the camera is switched off in order to dislodge any dust particles that settled on its surface.
- Built-In GPS for Geotagging
- The HV's built-in GPS feature tags your photos with global positioning data that indicates where and when they were taken. When you view tagged photographs on a PC installed with PMB software, or on a connected BRAVIA TV with its Photo Map function, the photos are displayed on a map to indicate where they were taken. A highly sensitive antenna in the camera ensures clear GPS reception wherever your photography takes you.
- 24-70mm f/2.8 Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Lens and Accessories
- The HV is bundled here with the impressive 24-70mm f/2.8 Vario-Sonnar T* Zeiss A-mount lens with its fast f/2.8 maximum aperture and versatile focal lengths. Two ED and two aspherical lens elements minimize aberrations and contribute to overall sharpness and color accuracy and T* (T-star) coating reduces ghosting and lens flare. A Super Sonic Wave motor provides fast, accurate and quiet autofocus and a focus hold button offers more efficient focus control. Also included in this kit are two rechargeable lithium-ion batteries and a water, shock and extreme temperature resistant hard case with foam interior for safe travel and storage.