The 1TB Little Big Disk Thunderbolt-2 Solid State Drive from LaCie features a 1TB storage capacity perfect for storing large 4K video files, RAW photos, Full HD movies, videos, documents, and more. Inside the aluminum enclosure you will find two PCIe Gen 2 solid-state drives that come preconfigured as RAID 0 and can easily be reconfigured to RAID 1 or JBOD.
The Little Big Disk comes equipped with two Thunderbolt 2 ports capable supporting bi-directional data flow to allow for real time editing of 4K video. Additionally, Thunderbolt 2 technology allows for the daisy chaining of up to six devices to a single computer along with support for DisplayPort 1.2 connectivity allowing you incorporate a 4K display into the daisy chain.
As with most high-power solid-state drive enclosures, things can become hot. So to keep everything cool, the Little Big Disk features an improved heat dissipation system along with an integrated fan.
- Enhanced Thunderbolt 2 Speeds
- The Little Big Disk from LaCie features two Thunderbolt 2 ports and comes with a set of PCIe SSDs preconfigured in RAID 0. With Thunderbolt 2 connectivity videographers can work directly from RAW files, getting full quality from footage and seeing edits in real time. No need to first convert footage into a lower resolution. Photographers can browse and edit massive photo libraries of thousands of RAW files, in the field, with zero lag time. Avid Pro Tools users will notice incredibly smooth audio mixing, even when working with hundreds of tracks simultaneously.
- Powerful Inputs and Outputs
Thunderbolt 2 builds on those advances made in the original Thunderbolt port, doubling speed potential to 20 Gb/s and enabling simultaneous RAW 4K video file editing and display. And thanks to support for DisplayPort 1.2, connecting to higher-resolution and multiple monitors is now possible.
Thunderbolt 2 also continues to support daisy chaining up to six devices to a computer via a single cable (included in the box). This means that professionals can daisy chain up to five LaCie Little Big Disks plus a 4K display to a computer, bringing capacity, speed, and convenience to the desktop. Thunderbolt 2 even uses the same cables and connectors as first-generation Thunderbolt.
To achieve full Thunderbolt 2 bandwidth, connect the product to a Thunderbolt 2 port on a computer or device
- Lightweight Powerhouse
The LaCie Little Big Disk weighs just 1.4 lbs (620g) and fits in a laptop bag or a backpack. With a 1TB storage capacity, it's the perfect storage field companion to the Mac Pro, which is more portable than ever. Daisy chain multiple LaCie Little Big disks to unleash the full potential of Apple's powerful hardware.
Capture gigabytes of footage on a LaCie Little Big Disk in the field, and quickly transfer the data to your computer in minutes instead of hours. Whereas before, transferring 250GB would have taken a couple of hours, now it takes less than 10 minutes. You could also use the LaCie Little Big Disk as working storage for 3D editing, and then back up final projects by daisy chaining to RAID storage such as the LaCie 2big Thunderbolt Series.
- RAID for Speed or Security
- Use Disk Utility on your Mac to configure the LaCie Little Big Disk into a RAID array that suits your needs. You can leave it as a striped RAID set (RAID 0) to maximize speed and capacity for large file storage and fast transfers. Or set it up as a mirrored RAID set (RAID 1), which provides data protection if one disk fails. It even supports JBOD, so you can see and use each drive independently.
- Reliable Design
The LaCie Little Big Disk's interior has been completely redesigned to improve its heat dissipation system. As a result, the fan is only occasionally necessary. And the fan itself is now much quieter because it is larger and adjusts its speed according to temperature. The net effect of the cooling system is a nearly silent product with a longer lifespan.
The internal components are enclosed in LaCie's d2 casing, designed by Neil Poulton. The resilient aluminum armor protects the data inside whether the product is in the field or in transit. And to prevent theft and unauthorized access, the LaCie Little Big Disk is compatible with Kensington locks and includes AES 256-bit encryption software.