The American made Beseler 23CIII-XL Enlarger is one of the world's most popular medium format enlargers. Well over half a million have been purchased since it first became available in 1955. Many have been in near continuous use by schools, government agencies and businesses, and countless others have been handed down from father to son, to granddaughter, like the well-loved family possession that it has become.
The Dichro 23 Colorhead supplied with this enlarger has a built-in solid-state power supply. No external transformer nor external power supply is required. The Dichro 23 has permanent, fade-free filters with a continuously variable dial-in filtration range of 0-200 Y-M-C and a filter retractor lever for easy and accurate white light focusing.
The Dichro 23 Colorhead is interchangeable with the Variable Contrast Lightsource (No.8134-02) and with the Condenser Lightsource (No.8130).
The extraordinarily rigid, extra-long twin-girder construction of the 23Clll-XL helps to reduce transient vibrations, which can detract from image sharpness.
NOTE: Does not include lens, lensboard and negative carrier
- Quality die-cast construction
- Colorhead has 0-200 continuously variable Yellow-Magenta-Cyan filtration
- Extra long girder for bigger enlargements on the oversized baseboard
- Robust, quadra-braced twin-column construction for twice the support
- Lens stage tilts for special effects and distortion correction
- Projection assembly tilts up to 90°
- Positive rack-and-pinion elevation system with lock with convenient left or right focusing controls.
- Accepts sturdy, spring-loaded, aluminum alloy negative carriers that can be revolved for precise image positioning, as well as accepting the Beseler Rapid-shift 35mm and 120 Nega-trans film carriers
- Snap-in, quick change metal lens boards, with a swing-out below-the-lens accessory holder