The C300MA-DB01 13.3" Chromebook Computer from ASUS is designed for a Web-optimized experience. With a minimalist black finish and a more user-friendly interface than traditional notebook computers, the ASUS C300MA Chromebook features a unique computing experience enhanced by the Internet.
The C300MA has an 13.3" widescreen display. The screen has a 16:9 aspect ratio and a 1366 x 768 native resolution, which is powered by integrated Intel HD Graphics. Its resolution can support native 720p HD video playback without upscaling or letterboxing. The display also has a matte finish for reduced glare. An HDMI port allows you to output video to a larger external display, such as an HDTV.
The system is powered by a dual-core 2.16 GHz Intel Bay Trail-M Celeron N2830 processor. It also has 2GB of DDR3L RAM, 16GB of eMMC flash storage, a Secure Digital (SD) media card slot, 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, an integrated HD webcam, and microphone. There are also built-in stereo speakers.
Google Chrome OS is a Linux-based operating system designed by Google to work exclusively with web applications. The ASUS Chromebook combines the aspects of a pure cloud client with the hardware of a traditional portable computer, which puts it in its very own class of netbook and notebook computers.
802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi support at launch. 802.11ac Wi-Fi support will be added at a later date via a free software update from ASUS.
- Chrome OS
- Using Linux as a base, Google designed Chrome OS to work exclusively with web applications. The user interface takes a minimalist approach, which greatly resembles the Google Chrome web browser. Chrome OS was built for people who spend a majority, if not all, of their time on the computer connected to the Internet. The only application that comes installed on Chrome OS is a special Google Chrome web browser with an integrated media player and file manager. All other applications are accessed by adding apps from the Google Chrome Web Store. Since Chrome OS relies entirely on Google's web apps and access to Google's services, it is highly recommended that you connect to the Internet to optimize your Chrome OS experience
- 13.3" Matte HD Display
- The C300MA features a 13.3" widescreen display. The screen features a 16:9 aspect ratio and a 1366 x 768 native resolution, powered by integrated Intel HD Graphics. The screen also has a matte finish for reduced glare, and native support for 720p HD video playback. An HDMI port allows you to output high-definition video to a larger external display, such as an HDTV.
- Dual-Core Intel Bay Trail-M Celeron Performance
- The ASUS C300MA houses an Intel Bay Trail-M Celeron N2830 processor. Its dual cores can reach a stock speed of 2.16 GHz. The processor can also be overclocked up to 2.41 GHz when needed. It has a dedicated 1MB L2 cache, 2GB of DDR3L RAM, and integrated Intel HD graphics for added performance.
- Compact Design
- Measuring 0.9" thin and weighing just 3.1 pounds, the C300MA features a black finish in a compact design.
- Cloud Connectivity
- With built-in virus protection, the C300MA runs securely. It keeps your files safely backed up in the cloud, thanks to Chrome OS.
- Fast Boot Up and Resume Times
- The C300MA boots up quickly as well as resumes instantly from where you left off, thanks to its 16GB of eMMC flash storage.
- USB 3.0
- USB 3.0 can provide data transfer speeds of up to 5 Gbps, which is 10 times faster than USB 2.0. USB 3.0 is also backwards compatible with USB 2.0 as well so you can use your older USB-compatible devices.
- Large Touchpad
- The C300MA features a large touchpad, which allows you to navigate through Chrome OS with ease.