The Lensbaby LM-10 Sweet Spot Lens is an add-on optic designed to produce the classic Lensbaby selective focus look with your iPhone or Android smartphone. Featuring a 0.5x magnification, this lens renders a broad field of view from which a controllable isolated portion of the image will remain in sharp focus with the background gradually being blurred to the edges in order to draw attention to the main subject.
The LM-10 easily mounts to iPhones and most Android smartphones using integrated magnets, which attach to an adhesive-backed stainless steel ring surrounding the phone's lens. Magnets are incorporated into both the front and rear of the lens in order to further permit connecting additional add-on lenses to the front. An all-glass optical design maintains image quality and is housed within a durable anodized aluminum body.
Facilitating use of the LM-10 is the free Sweet Spot app, available in the App Store and Google Play, that permits positioning of the sweet spot of focus as well as automatically correcting the orientation of imagery. Additionally, the app also provides exposure and white balance controls, compositional aids, and a variety of digital filters.
- Sweet Spot Lens
Designed to replicate the well-known look of Lensbaby's selective and creative focus DSLR lenses, the LM-10 is a mobile phone-dedicated lens that produces a small, controllable section of sharp focus surrounded by blur.
- Add-on lens features a 0.5x magnification to provide a wider field of view than the mobile phone's own lens.
- Front and rear magnets are incorporated into the lens' design for quick attachment and removal to the stainless steel ring and also permit the attachment of additional adapter lenses to the front. The included stainless steel rings attach to mobile phones via an adhesive backing.
- The lens is constructed from an all-glass optical design and housed in an anodized aluminum body.
- Dedicated Sweet Spot App
Dedicated to iOS 8 and Android Jelly Bean and KitKat mobile operating systems, this app supports working with the LM-10 lens and also permits refined camera controls.
- For personalized control over composition, the app's interface permits positioning of the 'sweet spot' of focus anywhere within the frame.
- Due to the optical design of the lens, the image is inherently rendered upside-down. The app automatically returns the image to right-side-up.
- Additionally, the app allows spot metering, exposure lock, rule of thirds grid, and white balance lock functions as well as the ability to toggle between still and video modes and change from right-side-up and upside-down modes. Image filters are also available, including warm/contrast and monochrome, as well as sepia and a sharpening slider for iOS devices.
- Mobile Phone Compatibility
- Apple: iPhone 4s, 5, 5s, 5c, 6, and 6 Plus running iOS 8
- Android: Most Android phones running Jelly Bean or KitKat (4.1-4.4)