Configure this 4-bay drive enclosure to suit your specific storage needs by inserting either four hard drives, four solid state drives, or a combination of the two into the ThunderBay IV 4-Bay Thunderbolt 2 Drive from Other World Computing. With support for both 2.5" and 3.5" drives in capacities up to 6TB you can store a large amount of data. With JBOD and RAID support the inserted drives can be configured to serve a variety of data storage needs. In order to configure the drives into RAID format the ThunderBay comes compatible with any Software RAID.
The outside of the enclosure features two Thunderbolt 2 ports supporting a 20 Gb/s data transfer rate along with the ability to daisy chain up to six ThunderBays for an expansive storage solution. The Thunderbolt 2 ports also offer support for DisplayPort 1.2 connectivity to connect various displays up to and including 4K displays.
- The Speed You Need
- Enhance your workflow with this fast, 4-Bay, RAID-ready drive array with dual Thunderbolt ports. Add vast amounts of high-performance storage with the ThunderBay 4. Utilize each of the four internal drives independently, or use the software RAID of your choice to setup a multi-drive array for high-performance or data-redundancy.
- Edit, Experiment, Create, Design
- Enhance editing capabilities in video apps like Apple Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, and Avid Media Composer. Empower greater audio production capabilities in audio apps like Avid Pro Tools and Logic Pro X. Edit large photos in apps like Adobe Photoshop, and browse large photo libraries in apps like Apple Aperture and Adobe Lightroom. Simply put, you can do more with a ThunderBay 4 enhanced workflow, and with a RAID 5 array you get data redundancy on top of enhanced performance.
- Mix and Match Drives and RAID Configurations
- With four drive bays you can choose to install all hard drives, all SSDs, or a mixture of both hard drives and SSDs. You can setup two or three drives as a software RAID and leave any remaining drives in independent mode, or setup two software RAIDs.
- Time-Tested Cooling
- Built on OWC's enclosure cooling technology, ThunderBay utilizes an open "flow-thru" vented design with an oversized 92 mm, low-turbulence, noise-quieting fan to keep the drives running cool and reliably.
- Daisy-chain up to six ThunderBays for massive storage capabilities and increased performance, or connect multiple ThunderBays to multiple Thunderbolt 2 ports to achieve exponential speed capabilities.
- Vibration Dampened
- ThunderBay's drive isolating design reduces sonic resonance, and is aided by over-sized, rugged, vibration-absorbing, non-skid feet.
- DisplayPort 1.2 Support
- Dual Thunderbolt ports let you connect the display of your choice that your computer can support, including 4K displays.
- OWC Thunderbolt Cable
- ThunderBay comes with an OWC one-meter certified Thunderbolt cable.